Chapter 5

I ran into the forest, hearing Ash calling out my name. "Iris, please! Slow down!"

I had to get back. He would kill me if he found me. I had to run. I felt something turn under my foot, as I reached the edge.

Not only that, but I glared over, seeing probably a 100-foot drop below me! Furthermore, I screamed, as I was about to tumble down to my death.

When suddenly, someone grabbed my arm, dragging me up before I fell.

I felt hot, fresh tears stream down my face.

"Iris, please... I don't care what you were. You don't want to be evil anymore. That's all that matters! At least to me!" Ash pleaded.

I felt like dying, right then and there. "How could you say that about me!? My family's evil, and they've killed thousands of innocent souls! How can you see good in me!?"

"Because you're not like your family!" Ash shrieked. "You're sweet, caring, and really fun to be around! I've been so much happier ever since you've fallen out of the woods!"

A bright light flashed on the two of us. Wow, way to ruin our moment.

"It's the prince! Get him!" I recognized that voice. It was my dad.

My breathing cut in half. "Ash, run. That's my dad. He has fire powers. Please, run!"

"No!" Ash spat out, standing up as electricity flashed around him.

My dad stepped in front of him, and all I did was hide in a bush behind my dad. I was going to pounce on him when I got the chance.

Ash lifted his hand, throwing electricity at my dad. My dad growled loudly, before shooting sparks of fire at Ash.

Ash quickly twirled to the left, as the fire danced off the cliff.

I couldn't believe my dad. I didn't care if he was my dad. I wanted him to die! I gritted my teeth, focusing on my powers, and my rage. Suddenly something inside me snapped.

Fire practically danced in my eyes, as I pounced on my dad.

"Iris!?" My father shrieked, tumbling the ground.

I brought my claw, and swiped at his hair, cutting about half of it off. If I was in control, I would've been laughing my head off.

The rest of it was a blur, all I know is that I pounded my dad into a pulp, and Ash had used some of his electricity once he pried me off.

I looked up at him afterwards, dazed. I couldn't focus on anything.

"I-iris?" Ash asked, looking down at me.

I laughed. "I made my father bald."

"Yeah, you did. Now we need to go before more of your family's guards come," He said, picking me up. He held me tight against his chest.

"Pfft, you smell good. Ooh, is that a gladiolus? Pretty! Ashy, I want!" I reached out towards the flower.

"Don't call me Ashy. Too much like what Gary calls me," Ash sighed.