Chapter Ten- My Personal Warning

The moment my heart jumps out of my chest is the moment i really felt myself become angry with Lynx. Not a dislike kind of angry, but the kind that screams hate.

I don't hate people often, but god, Lynx wasn't exactly making the right impression if he wanted me to like him. But then again, i'm almost certain he almost hates me as much as i have grown so quickly to hate him.

Instead of words, a frustrated yelp tore through the night air. Emotion seemed to take over my words, and the worst part was, it only seemed to make the smile on his face wider. It wasn't a smile that was meant to tease me, and in no way was it friendly. It was a smile of victory.

It took a moment, but, as always, i managed to finally recollect myself. I move the torch to shine at his black shoes, the light reflecting on to his pale face.

"Well, you're dressed to rob a house. Again."

Lynx keeps his eyes on me, but i successfully avert him, trying not to show just how uncomfortable he makes me feel, especially since i'm wearing nothing but a bath robe.

"Maybe i am," he shrugs, "you seem to look like you just stepped out of a sauna."

I open my mouth, a snide comment almost off the tip of my tongue, when i stop myself. Lynx shouldn't even be here. He is at my house with a purpose, i'm sure, and he still makes my blood boil without saying what he really wants. "What are you doing here?"

He doesn't answer straight away, but casually shifts out of the torch light. It took me almost an embarrassing full minute before i could locate him again. He seems to blend into the shadows more than...well, more than i like rain, and that's a lot.

His hand is outstretched when i find him, a painfully familiar shining black phone, barely bigger than his palm, sticks out at me.

I almost scream in delight, but know that would be completely inappropriate. I'm one of those people who can't even act happy when I've been put into such a deep mood of hatred.

"Why did you take my phone?" I scold.

He shrugs slightly, a fresh scent on cigarettes and pine filling my nostrils. It was a mix i had never smelt before but somehow, it seemed to work.

"Perhaps i wanted to read your texts."

I shift angrily in the dirt and lift my chin at the sight of Lynx stepping towards me. My very skin flinches uncontrollably at the cold, and by the look of his knowing glance, he knows it. Or, does he know that his very presence is the reason for my shudder?

"Or maybe i wanted to take a look at that photo you took of me not that long ago."

All at once Lynx has acted as a true manipulator, and has turned the situation around, the wrong way.It's my own fault for allowing myself to keep that photo. Why did i keep it? A part of me hates to look at Lynx, and a part of me still wants to keep souvenirs, like the drawer i keep in my room solely for movie and theater tickets.

"How did you know?" I ask. If i'm being caught out, it's only fair i know what i did wrong. I guess i'm not as discrete as i thought.

"Other than you're unusually heavy breathing, and the two sparkling eyes shining through your locker, it's the moment when i was standing right beside you listening to your pleas for help, because you locked yourself inside your hiding spot."

Deep. The memory of putting myself in that position almost makes me blush. I had thought i was in the clear for that, that Jane was the only person who knew of it. The disappointment keeps growing. Not only am i not a Ninja, but the one person i don't like somehow saw me at my utmost stupidity.