34.

▶ For Him ~ Troye Sivan

The rain slowed and they were still kissing. Jungkook pulled away, breathless. His hands cupped Tae's face while the other's fingers were in his hair. It felt surreal. Tae sighed against his lips.

Jungkook kissed him again. He couldn't get enough. Tae tasted like strawberry lipbalm and mint. He loved this feeling. It made his mind blank and time stop.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that," Jungkook whispered, pulling away briefly but his lips were still against Tae's. He still felt like it was a pipe dream.

"How long?" Tae asked softly.

He kissed Jungkook's nose and cheeks, thumbs tracing his jawline. He couldn't believe this. All this time....

"Probably since beer pong at your party."

Taehyung's eyes widened.

He's liked me since then?!

All this FUCKING time we were both crushing on each other?!

"Really? If you had kissed me then, I'd have slapped you," he whispered honestly.

"I was thinking you'd slap me even now."

Jungkook facepalmed suddenly.

"Fuck, I've been so stupid! I was with Kiara, trying to get over my feelings for you. I thought it would make you jealous but I didn't realise it was hurting you. I thought you were only doing everything platonically!"

"You were with her to get over.... me?!"

The rain was back, with full force. Neither cared they were getting drenched to the bone. The euphoric feeling in their hearts kept them warm.

"Of course. I admit it was cowardly and idiotic of me and I was too caught up in my denial to notice... Oh god! Why couldn't you have just slapped me and told me?!" Jungkook groaned, hiding his face in his hands.

"Because I thought you liked her! You took her to your home to Namjoon's birthday! You were with her even after Jimin's birthday. Remember I went to work after we docked the yacht? I had come back that night and brought dinner for us. But you were with her. Even after the leopard incident, she was at your place first. She kissed you then! In front of me! What was I supposed to think?"

Jungkook was growing increasingly embarrassed. He had been a complete fool.

"Fuck I'm so sorry, Tae. I should have just... manned up and told you. I promise you whatever I had with Kiara wasn't real. I... I didn't think someone like you would ever be interested in me."

Taehyung laughed but then his expression softened. He pushed back the raven hair, pecking his lips again.

"Let's go home, Kookie."

They walked through the park, their pinky fingers entwined. The sun was slightly out now and it was about to set. The sky was a beautiful pink and blue. Both of them made eye contact and turned away immediately, blushing.

Jungkook's insides were having a full on party. Taehyung, on the other hand, felt warm and relieved. They reached home, Taehyung clinging to him the whole ride.