Chapter 10: The Plan

Micah quickly excused himself to clean up whatever mess was left over. "But that was my food!" Matt exclaimed before Joseph hushed him. "Don't you DARE ruin this." Joseph snarled. "Don't fret, Sir. I'll take care of this." Micah said cleaning up the mess. Joseph waited a minute for the right opportunity to speak with the lone janitor. "Ok...I'm confused." Inez whispered. "There you go, Sir. Our waitress will be back with some to-go boxes momentarily." Micah said putting a ketchup and mustard covered rag in his apron pocket. Just as he left, Joseph grabbed the boy by the wrist. "What do you know about the meteor?" He asked. Micah looked around to make sure his father wasn't eavesdropping. "Meet me in the stockroom at midnight. No drawbacks." Micah said before finally fleeing the scene. "Well...You heard him, guys." Mariel added as she turned to follow Micah. 

Joseph got up from his seat and left money on the table. "Come on, guys. We'll find a place to stay." He nodded before walking to the door and leaving the restaurant. Mariel would pass by the kitchen, but before she could go to her room, voices were heard. "Yeah, I'll deliver the goods tomorrow. Uh huh? I'll get to those tomorrow. Look I've got a restaurant to run here, I can't always been slitting dog's throats left and right..." Mariel's eyes widened and cowered behind the counter. She peeked in the kitchen and saw Andrew was the one on the phone with what sounded to be a customer. She went to pull out her phone but forgot that it was taken from her. "Yeah. I also caught this weird anthro thingy.... Yeah I can't put my finger on it as to what animal she is, but I know she's onto something.... NO I'M NOT CRAZY!" Andrew shouted, slamming his fists on a cage. He then took a few deep breaths to calm down. "Expect your stock by tomorrow afternoon..." He muttered before hanging up. Mariel fled the scene so she wouldn't get caught. She struggled to process what she had just heard. Was it even real? Was she going crazy? 

Luckily, she had reached Micah's room just in time. "About time you got here!" Micah exclaimed. Mariel furrowed her eyebrows. "Wow. You really ARE a gentleman." She snapped with a hint of sarcasm. "Listen. I know what your father is doing. He's-" she was cut off by Micah sighing. "Yes, my dad is a butcher. He captures stray dogs and sells their remains. Why do you think our business resides in the thicket?" he said. "The higher-ups were arrested recently, leaving him to handle being manager of both the restaurant AND selling leftover dog meats." Mariel soon felt dizzy with everything happening all at once. "And I'm assuming..." she spoke weakly. "Yes...He uses it in the food too." Micah replied. "Need me to get you some water?" he offered, with his father's specimen nodding her head. Micah left the room to get some water and insisted Mariel stay put for her plan to further work. Minutes passed and no return, Mariel finally decided that she was done waiting and went to look for Micah. She heard muffled screams coming from the lab she had ben trapped in earlier. So she went to investigate.

"Why are you helping her, you piece of shit!" Andrew screamed. "She's the enemy! I was going to wipe her memory while she was asleep!" Micah tried screaming for help, but he was being gagged and bonded by cloths and chains. "Scream all you want, but no one is gonna save you. Don't worry, you'll be out of my hair soon. That way I won't have to be reminded of the fact that you KILLED YOUR OWN MOTHER!" Andrew then went to open the door, only to find Mariel standing outside. 

"What was that you were saying about my memory, Andrew?"