Chapter 9: Angel Eyes

Recap:

"What's coming?" I asked in a confusing voice

"It's coming soon," she says and then disappears, I sighed

Present (Night, 11:00 pm):

Y/N's POV:

Barb's words continued to linger in my mind, what does she mean "It's coming soon". Does she mean those hideous ass creatures? I kept tapping my pencil on the table thinking, I couldn't concentrate on my homework. I already knew Hawkins is a shithole, if the people are in trouble, I wouldn't bother to help them with my powers. Nobody in this town cares about me...I then heard a car parking outside of my house and loud music was booming. Billy. I then hear him knock on my door.

"Y/N! I know you're in there! Your lights are on and I can see you moving around through your window," he calls for me, I sighed and opened the door

"It's late, what do you want?" I said opening the door, I then noticed his eyes lingering down my body

"No pants?" he asks and raises his eyebrows

"I'm wearing shorts!" I said lifting my oversized shirt and revealing my biker shorts "Now, what do you want?"

"I was just wondering if you'd like to hang out with Max, she's been asking forever," he sighs in a sarcastic way

"You came all this way just to ask that?" I said raising both my eyebrows "You could've just called like a normal person,"

"Yeah, but then I'll have an excuse to see you, Sweetheart," he winks at me, I rolled my eyes

"Okay then, goodnight," I said closing the door, but it was then stopped with his foot, I then looked at him and sighed, I opened the door "Yes, sure welcome to the Y/N's good old trailer without an invitation,"

"Sweet," he steps in and takes off his boots, he then sits on the couch "I want to understand your enhanced hearing..."

"Why do you want to know about it?" I asked 

"I don't know, isn't it weird that you can hear everything around you?" he asks, I chuckled "Like what if you hear someone making out in an empty classroom or in the bathroom? Then wait can you hear the government?"

"I choose what I want to hear, and I hear many things about you, Hargrove"

"Are you hearing good things or bad things about me?"

"A little bit of both," I said getting up and going through my drawers "You wanna listen to some music?"

"Sure," he says "Whatcha got?"

"Metallica...Iron Maiden...Bon Jovi...Queen's...ABBA..." I rambled as I looked through my cassette tapes

"Wait. Wait. Wait," Billy interrupts me "You listen to Queen's?"

"Yeah? Got a problem with that?" I asked and raised an eyebrows

"No..." he backs off and raises his two hands, he then walks towards me and picks up a mix, I then pulled it away from him "Hiding something sweetie?"

"No...It was a mix tape that my boss gave me, the sheriff specifically," I tell him "It was a Christmas gift for last year,"

"Okay, let's play it then," he tells me, I then placed it into the cassette player and turned up the volume, it was then playing Angeleyes by ABBA, he then hums to the songs

"You know Angeleyes? You seem like a hard rock person," I asked and raised my eyebrows, he nods and takes my hands and we start dancing to the beat, he then spun me around, and I chuckled

"I keep thinking 'bout his angel eyes. I keep thinking, ah-ah," he sings

"Sometimes when I'm lonely, I sit and think about him. And it hurts to remember all the good times," I sang as he twirls me around again

"You have a beautiful singing voice," he compliments me

"Aw, you're a flatterer," I tell him

"No, I'm serious!" he chuckles, I then stared at his blue piercing eyes, they were beautiful "I'd like to hear you sing some more,"

"Hm, we'll see," I tell him "So what day would Max be free?"

"She asked if you can on Friday?" he asks

"I think I'll be free on Friday," I tell him, he then twirls me around again, and I chuckled "I don't think I've had this much fun in a really long time..."

"When was the last time?" he asks

"Hm...Probably when I took Hopper's car and joy ride in it," I tell him "He then caught me, but he didn't yell at me. Instead, he hopped on the car and let me drive around,"

"That sounds like a lot of fun," he then sits on the couch, I then got to the counter and pour two glasses of cold water, I handed one to him "Thanks sweetie,"

"No problem," I said sipping the water, I then looked at the clock it was 11:00 pm "It's late Billy, you should go home and sleep,"

He chuckles and gets up. He fixes his jacket and put's on his boots. He then opens the door and I see him out. I leaned against the door and waved goodbye. He hops onto his Camero and looked back at me.

"See you tomorrow?" he asks

"We literally go to the same school," I laughed, he smiles and drives off

Billy's POV:

Her words "You should go home and sleep" keeps playing in my head. I chuckle to myself.

I'm already losing sleep because you're always on my mind