Chapter 22

After Wei Wuxian got his throat check by Wen Qing, he left the doctor tent with Lan Wangji by his side. "A-Xian," Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian turn around to look at Jiang Wanyin who is walking toward them.

"A-Xian, why don't you stay with Lan er gongzi in Cloud Recesse?" This surprise and shock Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji, "Jiang Cheng why?" Jiang Wanyin sigh, "Niang is very angry with you using resentment energy. She will abuse you if you come home with us. So," Jiang Wanyin look at Lan Wangji, "Lan er gongzi, I will leave my Shixiong in your hand. Please protect him."

"I will, Jiang gongzi," Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian looked at each other then back to Jiang Wanyin, "then we will see you at the banquet tomorrow?"

"Banquet? That's right!" Jiang Wanyin take Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji hand, he pull them back into Wen Qing tent. "Jiang Cheng," Jiang Wanyin put silence talisman around the tent, "during the banquet, Jin Guangshan is going to announce that he will take the position as Xiandu. We need someone to take that role, we can't let Jin Guangshan take the role."

"A-Cheng," Jiang Wanyin look at Wei Wuxian, "He use this position to go up against you. He want the whole clan to attack you and the other Wen, he is abusing his position."

"Then who do you think is best to take the position?" Wen Qing asked.

"I was thinking, either Chifeng Zun, Qingheng Jun, my father and Zewu Jun," the other three think that the people Jiang Wanyin just announce will make a good Xiandu.

"I will talk to my Fuqin and Xiong zhang about it," Jiang Wanyin nodded his head. The four of them separate in a group of two, Jiang Wanyin left with Wen Qing while Lan Wangji left with Wei Wuxian.

When Jiang Wanyin went to find his father, he see his father is walking with Jin Guangshan, Qingheng Jun, Lan Xichen and Nie Mingjue. He follow them, it take him into the big room that once belong to Wen Rouhan.

What Jiang Wanyin hear make him push the door open while saying, "We will not kill innocent, and non cultivator Wen!" Everyone look toward the door way, "Jiang gongzi, this is a sect leader decision not your."

This got Jiang Wanyin angry, "Not to disrespect you Sect leader Jin but you don't have the right to make the decision either. Those that you have capture, true they have the Wen surname But! They never hold a sword or spill any blood on their hand." Jiang Wanyin put his hand together, "Sect leader Lan, Sect leader Nie, and Fuqin, you don't want to dirty your hand by killing innocent old man, women and children do you? Sect leader Nie, we know that it was the Wen who kill your father but you should take that anger out on their leader not the people who live in Qishan town, so I beg of you, please don't hurt the innocent?' Jiang Wanyin bow to Nie Mingjue.

"A-Jue, Jiang gongzi have a point there. It was the leader of the Wen clan that kill your father not the innocent people of Qishan town. Why not let them go?" Hearing Qingheng Jun said this he turn to look at Lan Xichen, "you agree as well Xichen?" Lan Xichen nodded his head.

"Alright let them go," Nie Mingjue call for one of his man to go let the captives Wen go.

"Thank you Sect leader Nie," Jiang Wanyin glanced at Jin Guangshan, 'I won't let you do as you please Jin Guangshan.' "Oh one more thing Sect leader Jin, don't try to take Xiandu as your own. You don't deserve the tittle," Jiang Wanyin smirked at Jin Guangshan, he gave a bow and leave from there.

"Sect leader Jiang, your son will make a great sect leader someday," Jiang Fengmian is proud of his son, that is what a sect leader is all about, protecting the innocent and stand up for what is right.

"One thing Jiang gongzi is right, we can't pick ourselves as Xiandu. We should let other people chose who they want their new Xiandu to be," Qingheng Jun held back his grin since he see the way Jin Guangshan face turn into a angry one when he heard what Jiang Wanyin just said.

"Wen Qing!" Jiang Wanyin see Wen Qing talking to Lou Qingyang and his sister. "Jiang Cheng, what is it?" Wen Qing asked.

Jiang Wanyin pull Wen Qing to one side, "I just stop Jin Guangshan from capturing anymore Wen."

"You mean, some of them were held captive?" Jiang Wanyin nodded his head, "Sect leader Nie already released them. Your family is safe," Wen Qing can relax now, "Jiang Cheng thank you," Wen Qing gave Jiang Wanyin a hug, he did the same.

Before going to the banquet Jiang Wanyin and Lan Wangji talk to their father/brother about taken the role of Xiandu. The two side said that they should let other people at the banquet decide for them.

That night everyone went to the banquet in the palace that use to belong to Wen Rouhan. Instead of coming with the Jiang clan, Wei Wuxian went with the Lan clan. Before they started the banquet Qingheng jun stand up, "Sect leader Jin, don't you think you should join us down here instead of up there? You are not a Xiandu."

Jiang Wanyin and Wei Wuxian held back their grin, Jin Guangshan already ask his disciple to bring down the table to where everyone is at. "Now before we start the banquet, I want to talk to everyone about your election or vote on who should be the next Xiandu. Xiandu is a person who take responsibility to help other clan, don't misuse your title for your own good, this person should stand up for what is right. Now who do you all want to be the cultivation world Xiandu?"

Other cultivator looked at each other, some said "Jin Guangshan" some said "Qingheng Jun" some said "Zewu Jun" and some said "Jiang Fengmian" but the majority vote is Qingheng Jun and Lan Xichen.

"Since I already have the role of Sect leader Lan back, A-Huan, why don't you take the role of Xiandu?" Qingheng Jun turn to look at his son, "If that's what you want then I will take the role of Xiandu. I will use my position wisely."

The whole place clap their hand knowing that Lan Xichen will be an excellent Xiandu. That night they celebrate the fallen of Wen Rouhan and Lan Xichen becoming their new Xiandu.