There's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate (1)

Start from the beginning

I started to wonder how many girls willingly gave their underwear to the creeps of Cambridge. Ugh, I didn't even want to know. The students of Cambridge Institute for Boys were freaks, and I really didn't want to know how they so easily got them all.

But this was definitely going to piss them off. Some of those idiots actually cherished the dumb soccer net we were carrying like it was a God or something, which was stupid. I mean, come on! It was just a stupid soccer net! Who cherished a net like it was the creator of life or something?

Who actually thought that some stupid net was special? It was supposedly their "lucky net," and they won every game that they ever played with it. It was just ridiculous and didn't make any sense. They would have won with any other net, and I couldn't wait for the day when they lost with the stupid net that we were carrying. I could just imagine their faces, and I knew that it would be pretty amusing.

But they continued to think that they would always win with that net... That just shows how crazy they were.

"Ow!" Chelsea suddenly whispered loudly, clutching her ankle and hopping around for a few seconds. She fell into Lexi, who then fell into me, her blonde hair blinding me for a moment. When we all were settled after that display was finished, I rolled my brown eyes at Chelsea. But we then continued on our way when she finally stopped hopping around.

It wasn't anything new with Chelsea; we were used to it. She was such a klutz, yet she danced beautifully. You could tell that she had passion for ballet, even though she was super clumsy all the time.

"Do you have tape, Lexi?" AJ asked, peering at her through the darkness.

"When do I not have tape?"

"Point taken."

Lexi Lightle was the queen of tape, as weird as that sounds. She always had rolls of tape with her, always brightly colored as well. She said it was because she was an artist, and she would spontaneously be working on something new with her duct tape at such random times that it was almost funny.

The boys of Cambridge always made fun of her for it, even though I thought that it was really cool and funny. She was really into arts and crafts, and she was always making something, which usually ended up under her bed back in her room. She always had rolls of her brightly colored duct tape around her arms, as if they were bracelets. And to her, I was sure that they were.

Lexi and AJ held the net up against the wall as high as they could, and it looked like they were having some trouble with it. Chelsea then pulled a roll of bright pink duct tape out of Lexi's bag and started to tear it off, and I helped her tape the net to the wall.

"Don't get any in your hair," I warned Chelsea, half serious and half joking. "You don't want to have to get your hair chopped off again..."

She stuck her tongue out at me, wagging her head around to show me that she didn't care what I said, she'd do what she wanted anyway.

Chelsea, being the total klutz, got things stuck in her hair all the time. Once when we were in sophomore year, she had actually gotten a lollipop and gum stuck in her hair on the same day. We were able to get the lollipop out with only discarding a few long strands of her golden dirty blonde hair, but she had to chop some of her hair off when it came to the gum.

"Ah, crap," she suddenly cursed under her breath after a few moments of silence, and I looked over at her and smirked when I saw her trying to yank the bright pink monstrosity from her hair.

"Need any help?" I asked innocently, biting the inside of my cheek to stop myself from laughing. I was sure that it wasn't as bad as the gum in her hair, but it still looked like it would hurt to pull out.