On a Wing and a Prayer

Aria Kazansky rode her motorcycle at top speed down the highway, she laughed happily when she suddenly heard a siren. Looking back she groaned at the lights that flashed in pursuit of her, she pulled over and sighed... Jet was going to have her hide.

The next morning Aria was led from her cell to where her older brother stood in his military uniform with a scowl on his face. Typically a go lucky somebody, only Aria could make her brother this angry, she approached him with a grin

"Hey Jet!"

Garrison "Jet" Kazansky glared at his little sister before he reached over and slapped her upside the head. "What were you thinking!"

As he practically dragged her out of the jail he continued to berate her "I cant be here every time you get arrested!"

Aria rolled her eyes "Well you calm down? It's not that big a deal."

Jet turned on his heel and came face to face with his sister "Yes it is! Look, Dad might have thought this behavior was cute when you were younger because it reminded him of mom but its not cute anymore! When are you going to realize that there's more to life than speed?"

Aria frowned "What do you want Jet? Do you want me to act like Kailani? The oh-so-perfect twin?"

Jet sighed and shook his head "No, I want to be you, but I want to y u to have a care for your safety.. At this rate, you're going to get killed."

"Better to die fast doing what you love them slowly in and office." Aria froze the second she said it knowing she had gone too far as her brother stiffened and turned away "I think you can find your own way home."

"Garrison! Wait!" Aria called after her brother but he ignored her, just as she was going to run after him a voice called "Lieutenant Kazansky!"

Aria froze and turned to find an ensign standing there he nodded politely before he informed her "Captain Daniels wants to see you."

Aria groaned "Now?"

The ensign nodded "Now."

_________________________________________________

Aria entered Captain Daniels's office and grinned slightly when she saw her Wingman already there

Aria entered Captain Daniels's office and grinned slightly when she saw her Wingman already there. She turned to the Captain and saluted,

"At ease." He motioned them down "have a seat."

Captain Daniels was a muscular man of Samoan descent. Anytime he got annoyed he would raise his eyebrow in a way that made Aria want to bust out laughing.

"Lieutenant Kazansky, glad you could join us after your little stint in prison."

Aria grinned "I would have broken out if it meant being able to spend time with you, sir."

Aria restrained a grunt of pain as her wingman stomped her foot. Captain Daniels glared at Aria in annoyance "You know Kazansky if you weren't one of the best pilots I've ever met you would be out of here on your tail!" He sighed "But as is, the Navy seems to think that both of you are important... You've both been called back."