chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

            “Yes! Oh god! Yes, Yes, Yes!” Before I go any further, let me back up a bit and explain to you what’s going on.

            A few months ago, Mark had decided it was time to re-ask me to move in with him. At first he was a little hesitant because he was afraid I would overreact to something and move out; but boy was he wrong. I always hated when he assumed things about me.

            “We can go over to your place after work and grab your things.” Mark suggests as we stand in the hallway of the hospital. He looks at me waiting for a response before taking a sip of his coffee.

            “Well?” He asks.

            “I guess so.” He tilts his head confused,

            “You don’t want me to help?”

            “I do, I just…” I shrug a bit not sure of where I was going.

            “Are you embarrassed?” I give him a confused look.

            “E-embarrassed? Why would I be embarrassed?” I say a bit quickly.

            “I don’t know maybe you’re afraid I’ll be a pervert and just rummage through your sexy lingerie.” He gives a smirk in which I lightly punch his arm.

            “I wasn’t thinking that, but now I am.” I tease him.

            “Then what is it?”

            “I guess I’m just nervous about moving back in?” I say in a questioning voice before shrugging. Mark took another sip of his coffee.

            “Well just take a deep breath.” He says before getting paged. He looks at his pager and sighs,

            “Crap, I’ll see you after work?” He asks in which I nod.

            “Okay, I love you.” He quickly kisses me before walking off.

            “I love you too…” I whisper and head to work as well.

            “Hey Lexie.” I hear April’s voice as I see her and Jackson walking towards me.

            “How are you?” She asks me before leaning against the counter.

            “I’m okay, just a little nervous. How are you?”Jacksonlooks at me a bit worried,

            “Nervous? Why nervous?” He asks in which April and I turn to look at him.

            “Mark asked me to move in with him again.” April gave a huge smile,

            “Hey! That’s great news, right?”

            “Yeah, it is. But why am I so nervous?”

            “Maybe it’s because you guys have been apart for so long and now you’re like…RE-falling in love. You know?”Jacksonrolled his eyes,

            “Are you serious?” April glared at him,

            “What? I think it’s romantic.”

            “Maybe. Or maybe I’m scared we’ll fall into the same path that broke us apart.”

            “You guys learned from your mistakes. Not only that, but you guys almost died, but didn’t.  That’s God’s way of giving you a second chance. You two were meant to be.” I listen to April talk and as I absorbed her words, I couldn’t help but agree with her.