Chapter 20 - ॐ

⇡[Taylor (Taye) Owusu]⇡

[Taylor (Taye) Owusu]

CHAPTER 20

A Thin Line Between

My phone suddenly began to sound off from where it was charging on my nightstand. The heavy vibration made it fall off the edge of where it rested.

Who the hell is calling me this damn late?

It was at least 3 o'clock at night.

I fetched it from where it landed, and I checked the caller ID. It was saved under '🍭 your darling 🫧' but I didn't recognize it.

I answered the call in a questioning tone as I said, "Hello?"

"Doll face~!" Braille's voice sung out from the other line and I let out a soft sigh.

"I was wondering who this was. You saved your contact in my phone earlier, didn't you?"

"Yuhp! You're okay with that, right?"

I ignored her question as I asked, "Why're you calling me this late?"

"Just 'cause..." She responds in a carefree tone. She then asked, "Are you feeling better? You seemed a little off earlier."

A chill went down my spine at the memory of what happened with Taye earlier. I completely forgot about that. She just had to bring it back up.

I lied as I told her, "Yeah. Thanks to you. Is that all you called for? I was 'sleep 'fore you called."

"Thanks to me?" She repeats and I could hear the flattery in her voice, "Aw, you're sweet when you're sleepy. But okay... I guess I'll let you sleep."

"Can I call you tomorrow?"

"Why tomorrow?" I questioned.

"Just 'cause..." She says once again and it struck a nerve deep within me.

"If you don't have a valid reason to, I'd rather you not." I stated.

"Even if I wanna tell you all you'd like to know about Taye~?" Braille said in a sing-songy tone.

I asked, "Why're you bringing her up?"

"I know whatever's bothering you revolves around her, so..." She replies obnoxiously.

Well... she did choke me in the front seat of her car.