The Compliments

23rd November 2012/18th February 2011

"Okay guys, you can take your books out and read!" Our English teacher, Mr Venday speaks slowly. 

I inwardly grin to myself, my favourite part of every Friday. A whole forty minute class dedicated to reading, but in my case, day dreaming. 

I open my book Lord Of The Flies and flick to the page which I remembered, 64. I start reading and make my myself nice and comfortable in my chair between slowly but surely fading away....

............."I really have to pee!" I whined to Cheese as we walked from Science class. She looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"Why didn't you go at lunch?" 

I began to think but I couldn't muster up anything that seemed legit. "I have no idea,"

She laughed slightly and started talking about a web comic named Homestuck. I started to tune out  since I had no clue what it was about. 

"You don't know what I'm talking about do you?" She sighed and glimpsed at me. 

"No, Cheese, I really don't." I chuckled and we were the first to head into maths class.

The Greek Goddess himself stood on the podium infront of the whiteboard, "Hey, you can all wait outside because we're going next door to the other classroom. A teacher needs this room for experiements," He informed us, picking up his roll book and his overused iPhone. 

"Sure," Cheese and I mumbled in sync. 

My urge to breathe stopped when my vulnerable eyes raked his divine body. His torso was tighly covered in an old, worn out, grey polo t-shirt which was by far too small for him. Cheese and Helen agreed. His dark grey suit pants hugged his hips famously, and sometimes we'd get a peak of his abdomen from his t-shirt being too small.

His upper torso and lower torso muscles were extremely prominent and when he turned around his back muscles were also overly evident. I sighed in content and watched him glide from one door to another. 

Cheese and I were the last to enter the substituted classroom. 

He was standing at the door, towering over all of us as we made our way in. I didn't even reach the door before a question tumbled from my mouth. 

"Can I go to the bathroom, Sir?" The need to pee just totally ruled my mouth when I saw the opportunity. 

He chuckled and addressed me by name softly before taking me completely off guard with his answer, "You look lovely today already!"

My immediate thought was that he must think that I wear make up and want to and top it up like all the other female students but that was completely not the case. I truthfully needed to pee.

"No, no! I don't even wear make up. I need to go!" I begged with pleading eyes, my heart racing with the sheer company and one on one talk to him.

He chuckled again, "Hey, you look lovely today, there's no need!" 

I scowled and crossed my arms before making my way through the door and to a seat beside Cheese. 

She leaned in and whispered, "What was all that about?"

A rock like feeling formed in my throat which prevented me from speaking. I shrugged and tried to clear my throat a number of times before eventually succumbing to the defeat. I slowly opened my maths book and eyed him carefully. 

He'll probably come around the classroom to individually correct the homework so then I can ask him once more could I seriously go to the bathroom. 

It felt like my bladder was about to burst inside of me and I had no contorl over it whatsoever.

After a short while, he soon reached Cheese and mine's desk. Before I could open my mouth to commence my pleading, he lifted up my journal in his hands and flicked through the pages to this week. 

I sighed in relief and spoke, "Thanks!"

He wrote 'TP 1:50pm' on the Tuesday time table. TP stands for toilet permission, it's something that the teachers always have to write incase a student gets stopped in the hall way. Then the student can show that they have permission to go to the bathroom. 

I almost sprinted to his desk to grab the keys. I power walked to the bathroom where I ran into a cubicle and got on with my business.

I instantly felt light and more at ease. Now I could think straight. I happily washed my hands, replaying the conversation in my head.

He called me lovely?! Oh my. 

My heart thumped violently against my chest at the thought. He actually called me lovely? Wow.

I fixed my skirt and made sure I looked decent before taking a couple of deep breaths and exiting the bathroom. 

The conversation we had kept replaying over and over again and again in my head as I was walking back to the classroom. I opened the door and returned to my seat after locking eyes with his own glimmering ones......

........."You can pack up now, class is over." Mr. Venday snapped me out of my love infested trance. I shook my head and got on with my packing. 

Oh, the pathetic memories.