The Disappearances

29th May 2012/11th December 2012

.....Cheese groaned in frustration, "I'm really not looking forward to..." She began to count on her chubby fingers, "120 minutes of Maths with him. He's such an arrogent tosser,"

I cringed at her insult, because I thought the complete opposite of him. Okay, to be honest, he is a bit arrogant but that's why I endlessly love. 

"Well at least we'll be revising a lot for our exams," I tried to lighten the mood. 

Due to the sweltering heat on this summer's day, I pulled my jumper off as did many other students in the school. 

Cheese and I made our way into our maths class where everybody was talking before his arrival. At the end of every year in the school, there's always some football matches where it's students vs. teachers. 

Unfortunately, I had no idea it was on and didn't get to watch him play. 

I sat at my desk and sighed in content. Maths was always a fun subject for me, I always enjoyed it, even if I didn't get A's. Cheese and I pulled our books out of our bag and placed them on the varnished desk in front of us. 

A few minutes later, he came strutting in, his forehead glistening with sweat and patches of his shirt darkened with his sweat also. My heart thumped against my chest violently. 

His eyes scanned the classroom, "Good afternoon, class. Jason turn around and get our books out." 

Jason was a typical bad boy in our class, constantly flirting with girls in the class and having three or four girlfriends at the one time. I mentally shook my head.

His eyes met mine and I quickly looked down to my book. Any time that happened I always thought that he might think I'm forever staring at him. 

Which I am totally not, right?

I mentally shook my head again in humiliation. I opened my copy and began a question that he told us to start. Cheese leaned in to me, "And so it begins."

I teasingly grinned at her and continued with the question. 

He disappeared into the store room and everyone began chatting again. I heard many complaints about the heat; typical. 

"Guys, back to work!" He popped his head in the door. 

We were in here till the end of school, what could he be possibly doing in there? It's not as if he has to set up experiments for the next class or tomorrow, because even then we have a science technician to do that for him and all the science teachers. 

I shrugged and looked to my left where Cheese was sat. Her books were closed and her head was resting on the table, facing my direction. 

"Dude, do your work, you're going to need it!" I tapped her arm repeatedly. 

Higher level maths was exactly easy. I was struggling big time and frankly, I would have loved to have been in the maths class for hours on end if it helped the outcome of my exam. 

Her reply wasn't surprising, "It's too easy."

Cheese was a complete genius. Anything came natural to her. Even when she didn't come into class for a week, she would still manage to scrape all A's. 

He strutted back into the classroom, his appearance no tamer. He stood over us, the front desk in the classroom. Cheese and I were short sighted so we needed to be closer to the whiteboard and I needed to be closer to a certain person. 

He frowned down at Cheese who couldn't see him. He then looked over to me and mouthed, "She okay?"

My breath caught and I cleared my throat. 

I nodded and whispered, "Too easy for her." 

He nodded knowingly. He had been correcting her tests for three years so of course he knew how intelligent she was. 

After another few minutes, he disappeared back into the store room again. I frowned in pure confusion at his frequent disappearances. I checked my watch, we have been in the classroom for a whole hour and that was his fourth time to disappear into the store room. 

Curiosity was filling me. I shook my head and forced myself to carry on with my work. 

A short while after, he glided back into the classroom and the first thing that grabbed my attention was his different shirt. Obviously, he had changed his white, worn out, sweaty shirt to a tight, maroon, hollister one in the store room. He was longer sweaty. 

I looked back down to my work but I couldn't concentrate. The thought of him changing shirts in the store room was too distracting. 

Cheese saw my blushing face and giggled, "Stop thinking like that,"

I glared at her, "Shut up."

I sighed and watched his divine body float around the room before correcting some questions on the board. I still couldn't concentrate though. 

His girlfriend is extremely lucky....

I sigh in happiness, thinking back to the good old days. I chew on my sandwich delicately. 

"Whatcha thinking about?" Cheese grins, her chubby cheeks hiding her brown eyes. 

"Oh, just work you know?" I smile in response. 

Yeah, I lie on a daily basis.