The Glances

18th October 2012

Ground Hog Day, what a feeling.

Every single day, I stroll past his classroom, no matter which lesson I have first. But before I peek into his room, I always check the teacher's car park.

Yes, his car is parked in there, facing forward as per usual. My heart skips a beat at the mere sight of his car alone. Pathetic, I know. I pass students from all years in my school as I make the tender journey past his classroom, smiling sadly as I gaze at his desirable body through the window.

Flicking through tests, he stands at six foot two, leaning on one leg. My memory absorbs his bright green formal jumper, over a linen, white shirt and his usual grey, formal, suit trousers. I smirk at myself, knowing his repetitive jumpers and what colours they come in.

He used to wear casual t-shirts with his grey, suit trousers, but I haven't noted him in one since the start of the year.

I remain in my fantasy, like a bubble comforting me, whilst aimlessly wandering around the school before the bell goes to signal the beginning of class. In my mind, my eyes scan his narrow and sly, green eyes, his stubble, how his pearly white teeth show when he genuinely grins.

I replay memories of him telling amusing stories of his brothers and him gambling to us in maths class, him telling us tips to remember formulae and what not. I smile weakly to myself, yearning his protective demeanor.

"Hey," A familiar voice beside me chirps.

I turn to smile at her, "Morning,"

She grins at me, her silver braces on display while her cheeks squash up into her eyes.

"What is it this time?" I smirk, already guessing that it's something to do with Homestuck, as per usual.

"My Dad paid for the Kickstarter for Homestuck!" Cheese (her nickname), claps her hands childishly before squealing a bit.

I inwardly roll my eyes and take one last glance over my shoulder for someone inparticular. Never in my life, have I been so fixated by a man.

I relaxed in my seat, in my new maths class. I did have him for three years, but because he is an extremely renowned maths teacher in our school, he doesn't teach anyone in our year. This year is just a relaxing one, since we had major exams last year. I smile playfully, reminiscing of the the times in his class and the jokes we had.

Meanwhile in reality, our new maths teacher, Mr. Duffy waffles on and on about the line and the slope of a line. Anything Mr. Duffy now says, is always in comparison to him. Nobody could be a better maths teacher, nobody.

Due to my short eye sight, I tend to sit at the front of the classroom, in order to see the board clearer. My heart rate picks up dramatically and I find myself having to take deep breaths. Soon after, there is a welcoming knock on the door.

My heart temporarily stops when he walks in, holding two higher level maths books, looking around the room for Mr. Duffy. Almost instantly, we lock eyes and my chest implodes, his green, fixed eyes penetrating my own. He tears his gaze away and begins chatting with Mr. Duffy, showing him some equations an discussing teacher's stuff.

Cheese glimpses at me and I feel her cheeky eyes checking my face for any sort of expression. I keep a straight and formal look, which is a complete contrast to my insides.

My toes are curling in sheer temptation to confess my unconditional love for him, my heart is racing at unhealthy speeds and my palms are sweating and shaking.

I bite my lip to ensure nothing slips out like a squeal as he saunters past me, glancing down once.

No, he doesn't walk,

No, he doesn't stroll,

No, he doesn't float,

No, he doesn't even saunter,

He glides.

It's quite clear he's an excellent dancer, his hips move when he glides like they're not even attached to his legs at all. It's the most sexiest kind of walk I have ever witnessed. I cringe to myself, reminiscing of embarrassing times...

....... 'What the hell? How do you this?' I thought.

I frowned deeply at the sheet before me. My eyes slowly scanned the circles, trying but failing miserably to comprehend the sum. I shook my head and sighed in resignation.

I braced myself and tried to level my ridiculously fast heart beat, my legs shaking pathetically, "Um, Sir?"

He spun around on his feet, an unwanted desk separating us. My heart felt like it stopped when he raised his eyebrows, and cocked his head to the side a little. His green eyes locking with mine.

'Come on, talk you, pleb.' I thought.

"Uh, how do you figure out what the middle circle is?" I tried to speak loud as I possibly could, as most people said I have a slight problem with raising my voice.

Okay, so, to me, that question was worded perfectly, and I could hear myself speak over all the other chatter in the classroom. I was confident he would hear me and not have to simply frown at me and say, "Huh?"

No, he didn't frown, nor say that, but what he did do actually made me freeze on the spot and literally made my heart stop.

Never in my life have I been so close to him.

He leaned forward, across the desk, instantaneously making me flinch and step two feet back, "Hm?" He asked.

There wasn't even four inches between us when he leaned across, scaring the living crap out of me.

I repeated my question, gulping heard as he glimpsed down at my sheet. I tried to move the sheets to different hands every few seconds without me making it obvious my hands were shaking terribly.....

I shake my head, 'How could you have possibly stepped backwards?'

You pathetic, pathetic girl.