11

X A N D E R

1 month has been passed after that heart breaking face-to-face with Chelsie. Damn! I miss her so much that I put our first family picture at the ceiling sa ibabaw ng higaan ko. That picture was taken when she gave birth to Hayee.

"Hello, Daddy! Good morning!" My angel greeted me. I'm so happy that she did forgive me. I can still feel the warmness of her words that she said when I asked forgiveness.

If God can forgive, why can't I? And, Daddy, you're my father. I love you and Mommy so much.

"Good morning too my angel! How's sleep?" I asked as she grab a chair to help her reach my cheeks. She's tall at the age of 8, hanggang balikat na siya sa kanyang Mommy na 5"4. Samantalang ako, 6"1 American size pa.

"What's for breakfast Daddy?" I know how to cook but as what my daughter said, no one could ever replaced her Mom. And of course, I'm agreeable to that.

"Sunny side up, bacon, and fried rice." She nodded as a response and make her milk.

"Dad, next month is my 9th birthday, will Mommy will go home?" Oh jeez! Paano uuwi ang Mommy niya eh kakaalis nga lang nito noong nakaraang buwan.

"I'm not sure anak eh, you're Mom recently flew to States last month." I can feel her disappointment. But I know she understands.

----

The month flee smoothly. And today is the birthday of Hayeena Kathleen. Last week, we talked about what kind of party she wants but she said that she'll have the celebration at the Lagdameo's mansyon which I obliged.

"Happy Birthday to the most bubbly, pretty and intelligent angel of Mommy and Daddy." I greeted her happily and with love of course. I saw her eyes shouted with glee as I handed her little round cake with a #9 candle.

"Whoah! Thank you, Daddy." She state it with awe. She closed her eyes and made a wish. After that, she blew the candle.

"What's your wish my angel?"

"I wish that Mommy will be here already." She pouted. I sighed but she cutted me. "I know Daddy. That's why it's only called a wish."

"I'm sorry Hayee!" If it's not because of what I've done, my daughter won't feel any of this. She doesn't deserve this mess.

---

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYEENA!" The crowd of the Lagdameo's mansyon greeted my daughter as I placed her in front of many people. She made a wish again and blew the candles of the cake that her grandparents prepared it for her. It's a 3 layered cake with a design of an angel because she's our angel.

"Hayee, we have a gift for you and I hope you'll like it." Sabi ni Mama. We let Hayee faced the big monitor screen and the woman that we really missed so much appeared.

"To my angel, to the girl who's the reason that I still live in this world Happy Birthday! You know how much Mommy loves you, right? This is the first time that I'd be able not to organize your birthday party." It's a video recording and I can see the pain in her eyes as she cried on the screen. I also saw my daughter shed with tears while smiling.

"I'm really sorry to leave you baby. But always remember that I love you and I worked here for you. 2 years are just a numbers and I'll be back soon. Be a good girl, okay? Eat well, study and stay humble." As her mother said those adjectives instructions, my daughter mimicked her as if she's been told ages ago.

"I love you, Hayeena Kathleen. Take good care." Then her face disappeared.

I smiled bitterly. I love and I'm missing you Honey. Disappointed as she didn't include me in her video greetings. What do you expect moron?

"Dad? Are you okay?" I smiled to her to see to it that I'm okay. I nodded.

The party went well, Hayeena enjoyed hanggang sa makauwi na kami sa bahay.

"Thank you so much Daddy. I love you po." She said and I instantly replied with a warm hug. After that, dumiretso na ako sa kwarto to prepare for bed. Pagkapasok ko pa lang ay portrait na ng kasal namin ang bumungad sa akin. We look so happy even if we're married because of an arrangement. She's stunningly beaitiful.

I headed to the bathroom. Nang matapos na akong ayusin ang sarili ko ay pinuntahan ko muna ang anak ko. Medyo naka awang ang pinto and I heard someone who's talking.

"You sleep now my angel, Mommy will sing for you until you sleep." It's her.

"Okay Mommy. Good morning to you. I love you po.." Hayee said sleepily. After a minute I heard the hoarsed voice from the speaker started to sing.

Well, it's good to here your voice
I hope you're doing fine
And if you ever wonder,
I'm lonely here tonight.

I can feel the sadness in her angelic voice. My wife usually sings even before. And that song Stay by Miley Cyrus that she used to sing. Lalo na yung nagbuntis siya kay Hayee.

I'm lost here in this moment, and time keeps slipping by
And if I could have just one wish
I'd have you by my side.

I'm not wishing Chels, I'm dreaming of you back in my arms again.

Oh, oh I miss you.. Oh, oh I need you. Yes I do, Honey.

And I love you more than I did before,
And If today I don't see your face
Nothing's changed, no one can take your place
It gets harder everyday ...

I don't find it hard to love you more and more...

Say you love me more like you did before,
And I'm sorry it's this way
But I'm coming home, I'll be coming home...
And if you ask me I will stay, I will stay ...

I'll wait for you to come back my love and ask you to stay in my life forever. Matapos niyang kantahin ang chorus ay nakatulog na si Hayee.

"Sleep tight my Angel. I miss your Daddy too." Parang lumukso ang puso ko sa narinig ko. Dali-dali kong binuksan ang pinto ng kwarto ni Hayee at tinungo ang kanyang desktop. Ngunit sa dismaya ko ay naka log out na pala siya.

I sighed. "I miss you more Chelsie. More than you ever know." Tanging na usal ko ng nakatanaw sa desktop photo ng anak ko. It's Hayee's graduation in kindergarten.

I shut down the PC and I kissed Hayee as a Good night.