Ch. 10

Elizabeth's P.o.v

I was panicking outside of Chris's hospital room hoping the doctors and nurses would help. Michael and Terrance ran in "Elizabeth what happening?" Michael asked I told him that Chris's heart wasn't beating. one of the doctors came out of the ER with a sadden look "Are y'all the little boy's family?" the doctor asked all three of us nodded "We have bad news about your family member." the doctor said, "What is it?" Terrance asked "Well it seems that we have no idea what made his heart stop, but we think that it's from the brain damaged that he experienced from the bite from the bear... We're sorry for your loss." they said we broke down crying. We all went home, none of us wanted to believe Chris had died and we couldn't bring ourselves to look at him one last time.

Once we got home dad was sitting on the couch watching Tv. He looked up from it "What happened?" he asked Terrance told him abought what happened to Chris, and this was the first time we ever seen our dad cry. He walked to his room, we heard a lot of banging noises coming from his room and he walked out again and went to the door. "Where are you going?" Michael asked our dad looked at us for a second "I'm off to work." he said and walked out the door. That made me have an uneasy feeling 'You know it's your fault that he died.'  A voice said I went to my room 'I know..' I put a pillow up to my face to scream into it. letting out everything I felt until I went to sleep. The next day, I felt worse people would call me a name in the hallway like 'Brother killer' I let them say that to me because I felt like it was my fault. I should've never trusted those kids...

First class was hard there were people talking, Teacher saying lessons after lesson, and other's around me telling me how bad of a sister I was. I put my head down silently crying and hoping no one seen me. "You know they're right." I didn't answer the voice in my head this time, as the bell ranged to signal for the next class. I went to the bathroom to clean up my face making sure it didn't look like I was crying.

(Time skip to the 'Future')

I didn't really change my style at all the only different thing is that I wear Michael's hand me down clothes which is just a bigger purple hoodie which I'm grateful for no one needs to see- you know what nevermind. I haven't seen my dad in while and Terrence and Michael had to get jobs to support me, and the house and school gotten worse I boreally know what the teacher is saying and lastly, I think I'm hallucinating. I keep seeing Chris, but he has wings, and his head is covered with blood though he was always pointing to something. I really do wish Charlie can come back 'You know it isn't going to happen.'  Thanks for ruining my hope anyways I need to get to school. 

(At School) I heard a lot of whispering about two people that are transferring into this school even in class they were whispering more about the new people "Alright class settle down, we do have new people transferring into this class if you haven't heard You can come in Mr. and Ms. Emily." I couldn't believe it. I jumped from my seat and ran to Charlie and hugged her "Uh do I know you?" she asked "MS. AFTON THAT WAS DISRESTFUL NOW GO SIT BACK DOWN." The teacher yelled and everyone laughed except three people "Sorry for my rudeness." I said in a low tone voice and then starting walking back to my seat. Someone thought it was funny to trip me and I went face first in the floor. I stood up and felt blood dropping from my nose 'Really?' I thought I went to the paper towels took one and held it on my nose walking back to my seat "Now that's over with interduce yourselves." the teacher said Charlie and Sammy looked at me with concern "We used to live here but ever since our middle school burned down, we had to move to find a new one." Sammy said "Did y'all had any friends in middle school?" A Student asked, "Yeah we had a lot of friends, but we had one best friend." Charlie said 

Sammy whispered something in Charlie's ear which made her blush "Okay enough questions one of you seat beside Elizabeth and the other sit beside Aaron, Rise your hands so they know who is who" The teacher said Sammy pushed Charlie to the seat beside me and he went to the one beside Aaron. The teacher went on with the lesson which I started getting confused and stopped listening I looked at Charlie she looked so interested in the lesson and even took notes on some of it. Almost at the end of the class she handed me some of the notes "I noticed that you didn't take any notes so I thought I could write you some." she said I looked down "Thank You." I said then the bell ranged signaling that it's time for the next. I got up and tried to hurry to the next class, I was stopped in the hallways by bullies they had animal masks like the little kids which'd angered me, but I knew if I get detention I'll be in bigger trouble at home.

"Hey, look it's the brother killer." one of them said and tripped me and I fell against a locker hitting my head on the metal which hurt like heck "Aww Are you going to cry about killing your own brother?" said another one as he kicked me. "Enough let's have actual fun." said the third one as he pulled out a pocketknife my eyes widen 'They are going to hurt me with a pocketknife in public' I asked myself and started to panic. One person grabbed my arms, I headbutted him with the back of my head and started to run even pushing people aside to get away from them.

I felt something sharp hit my back, I knew the pocketknife had impaled me, but I also knew I can't stop running. My main goal was either the principal's office or nurse's office. I ran towards the principal's office and I realized they weren't following me, the principal looked surprised to see me there with a knife sticking out of my back. "Ms. Afton why is there a pocketknife in your back?" he asked "uh There was a group of bullies, and one had a pocketknife." I said "Do you know their names?" he asks "I think so Erick Rodgers, Tyson Price, Lorena Armstrong, and Clare Burton (Those are random names by an generator) They also had animal mask." I said then he called them in the microphone "You can go to the nurse's office I'll take care of this." he said and I nodded and walked to the nurse's office.

_______________________________________

Hoped you liked It and here's a Youtube video on the first chapter