Reason eight ; V

DAY 3THE EAST

The morning sun shon through the windows of the room as your E/C eyes slowly fluttered open. A blanket caved around your every inch.

You outstretched your legs, feeling a gentle warmth against your figure; Levi's arms were tightly laced around your waist, holding you close against him. His chest was against your back; you could feel his every deep breath.

With your back turned, you tiredly realised that he was asleep, yourself barely able to force yourself awake.

He clung to your body tightly.

You felt weak to his touch as you became intoxicated by the smell of his cologne: it rubbed off on you. With more and more time passing by the second, your mind struggled to think over your racing heart.

You finally heard Levi sigh against the back of your neck, gripping you harsher before murmuring a short 'Mmph'.

"Levi?" You whispered, turning your face, "Are you awake?"

"I think so." Levi hoarsely responded under his breath: his morning-voice was deeper and more 'croaky', making your heart rattle, "I.. honestly think that's the best I've slept in years. I never usually get more than a couple of hours - strange.." He paused for a few moments, sighing softly against the back of your neck, "Maybe I should sleep in bed with you more often.."

"I wouldn't mind that."

"Then.. it's a deal."

You relaxed in his touch, yawning: "I'm so tired."

Levi scoffed, his eyes rolling before his eyes slowly closed, "It's barely six: go back to sleep."

"Mm. No, I don't want to."

He pulled his body closer against yours, "Then stop complaining.. it's not long before we have to get up to meet with Erwin. He'll probably be worried you.."

Your brow raised slightly, "He'll be worried about you too, so you don't have to word it like that."

"You sound quite naive.."

"And why is that?"

His brows pinched together, "You're seeing eachover," The older Captain began as you felt surprise sink into your expression, "Aren't you? You were all talking about it over breakfast the other week."

You shook your head, beginning to turn your body as he laid still beside you: his eyes still closed, "No. We're most definitely are not seeing each other."

Levi scoffed, "You stated that you had feelings for him that are returning now you're back in the Barracks." His brooding voice murmured as you felt your expression soften, scared that you'd ruined whatever chance you may have had without even realising it, "I'm no idiot; I was there."

You parted your lips to object, before feeling your heart skip a beat.

"I-.." You hesitated, feeling your chest begin to tighten as your eyes stared away, "If you had stayed, then you would've heard that I don't have feelings for Erwin." You recalled as you told your friends of your 'innocent crush' on Captain Levi, "Besides-.. do you really think that-.."

You hesitated.

He finally cracked his eye open with curiosity as you stayed silent, "Do I really think that what?"