Reason Four ; I

AUTHOR NOTE,
i'm sorry for no updates
in a while, i COMPLETELY
forgot that this story existed,
i ain't even gonna lie😭😭

YOUR FACE SOFTENED, watching as Hange Zoë raised their hand to gesture for you to come over to them. Half of their body was leant against the walls of the barracks outside; a cigarette perched inbetween their fingertips as you slowly wandered over to them.

"Morning."

A smile lingered against their smoky lips, "Good morning. How are you?"

"A little tired.. I didn't get to sleep until late last night, I was helping Erwin look for a book."

Their fingers slowly traced up to your cheek, running their thumb across your skin, "You look tired; that's not good.. we've got the expedition today."

Your shoulders carelessly shrugged, before slumping back against the concrete wall that loomed around your body.

Your uniform was tight against your skin, hugging at your thighs and chest; your silver ODM gear clung to your hips and waist, shaping out the outline of your figure.

The waves of sunlight were beating down against your face, making highlights of shimmer against your cheekbones and nose; you dragged your tanned, leather jacket down your shoulders and forearms, unsure on what else to do to avoid the radiance of the sun.

You pulled your shirt to fan your chest and stomach, arching your neck back.

Hange had done the same: they had carelessly tossed their uniform-jacket to the sandy floor at your feet. You threw yours on top.

Hange began to explain the expedition to you as you both wandered towards the stables nearby, collecting and beginning to ready your horses.

You hoisted yourself up onto the saddle of your tanned horse, your fingers trickling down her reigns as you heard her sigh loudly - her neck twisting around. A smile pressed against your lips, soothing the horse down as she began to slowly trot forward.

Hange soon followed after you.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

Beads of sweat trickled down your forehead, staining lines against your face; you were short of breath, almost half of your shirt unbuttoned as you struggled to concentrate under the heavy radiance of the sun.

The forrest was at least one-hundred meters away in sight, and yourself and Hange were at the rear of the group, barely able to talk through the heat that made your bodies so fatigued.

You could see their head tiredly turn to face you, "You know what sounds like pure heaven right now?"

"What?"

A short groan fell from their lips, "A cold shower; or jumping into a freezing lake.."

You groaned back with pleasure, earning a small chuckle from them.

You lowered your head, raising your fingertips to fan off your face: "We're near the forrest now at least, that means that we're near shade."

Hange hummed as you drew nearer, their neck stretching back.

Your fingers slowly dragged around the reigns of your horse, gently pulling to gesture for your horse to pick up its pace, "Hange, speed it up so that we can get their quicker."

They scoffed under their breath, raising two fingers to their forehead, "Ey-ey, Captain." They murmured, before swiftly copying your movements as your horses galloped to the far front of the group.

The wind travelled through your thin shirt, caressing your face with a hint of a chill that you savoured dearly. Your E/C eyes slowly closed, before peeping back open as shadows swiftly consumed your every inch.

The dark trees all loomed around you both as you heard Hange stay just a few meters behind you; the shadows cascaded highlights across your face - an emerald hue from the leaves covered your body.

Your fingers slowly laced around your gear, tensing around the blades handle as you firmed it in your grip, reading yourself for any swift attacks.

A nameless Scout swiftly rode closer to you before calling out to yourself and Hange: "Y/N, Hange, take your Squad to the rear to aid in defending the perimeter whilst we build a base!"

"Got it!" You called back, before increasing your pace to the territory you had been assigned to defend.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

You picked up more speed as you slashed the nape of the closest titan, feeling the hot steam on your legs as you sprinted across it shoulders, before leaping off as you slashed the nape of another.

Your lungs were intoxicated with fatigue; sweat trickled down your forehead.

You glanced up at the mildew sky: how the orange so perfectly melted into the pink and blue, and the clouds lay fluffy and perfect just below. The air almost tasted sweet. The sun was high in the sky, highlighting all of the dangers around you as if trying to protect you.

You swung through the trees, dodging the different soldiers as you heard different lives being taken infront of your very eyes.

The screams didn't stop ringing in your ears.

You glided your blades against the flesh of the titan a few meters in front of you, before heading over to the next one - hearing someone shout orders that you couldn't understand as you hopped onto the next, planting your blades in as deep as possible.

You heaved your hips upwards before feeling a deep, ache of pain smother your body from the stomach-up.

You groaned, stumbling carelessly down onto a thick branch. Your palm clasped around the bark beside you, another groan cursing your lips as you began to lift your shirt.

Your bandages from the accident you'd endured a few weeks ago were beginning to soak in crimson blood, the wound obviously agape once more beneath. You could feel the warm blood falling down your bare stomach and abdomen as your teeth clamped together in pain.

"Shit-.." You murmured, your back slowly curling over as your arm clutched the deep pain that refused to leave you alone.

You heard a large cannon blow, meaning that everyone was to regroup at the newly created station.

Your face began to turn pale with pain.