Reason five ; I

YOUR EYES SHARPLY CLOSED, droplets of cold water trickled down your forehead and chest.

You sighed with relief, causing more steam to cascade against the windows of the shower as you finally stepped out after a long, chilling, refreshing shower upstairs.

You lathered soap against your skin, massaging your scented body wash into your figure before turning up the power as it the soapy water trickled down you.

You finally stepped out, grabbing hold of a towel before wandering back into the locker area of the Women's Shower room as you ran the soft towel across your skin.

Your eyes slowly drifted up to the clock on the wall: around twenty minutes left until you had scheduled to meet back up with Levi after the mission.

You dried your body and hair with a towel, being heavily aided by the sun that scorched through the windows.

You rolled a summers outfit against your body, smiling dearly as you glanced at yourself in the mirror a few meters away.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

You ran your fingers delicately down the carvings of wood on the library door, trickling the tips to the handle. You laced your fingers around the handle to pull it open, before slipping inside; just like Levi had said earlier, the library had a refreshing chill in the air.

You sighed with relief as the heavy doors closed behind you, beginning to wander inside as the tall stacks of books and shelves that loomed around your body.

The air tasted fresh.

You wandered further through the library, your eyes aimlessly searching around for Levi, yet you found yourself confused as he was no where in sight.

Your palm clasped around a shelf, beginning to shift your body around carelessly as you awaited for him to arrive. Your fingers traced the outlines of numerous books, before selecting a book from the shelf; you drew out a thick book, reading the inscription of 'DICTIONARY' on the front cover.

You flickered through the pages of the thick book, feeling it cause a draft against you.

You slumped your body down against the wall beside you, feeling your figure become pressed against the crook of the wall. You sat against the ground, boredly fluttering the cream pages open as your eyes drifted down the ebony letters.

You turned the page, marking your finger down as a word caught your eye: "Kalon."

"What does that mean?"

Your body flinched at the deep, hoarse voice as your eyes flickered up; Levi stood meters away from you, his eyes narrowing down onto you on the ground.

Your expression softened as you extended your hand, gesturing for him to sit beside you.

His body brushed against yours as he sat himself beside you, his muscular arm pressed against yours. You felt your body shiver at his presence, the smell of his addicting cologne filling your senses as you slowly inhaled.

You parted your lips as Levi leaned closer to your body, "Kalon; noun. Beauty that is more than skin deep."

Levi hummed under his breath, his expression easing slightly.

Your gaze averted back to the book, flickering further through: "Laconic.." You paused for a few moments, a smile growing against your teeth, "That reminds me of you."

Levi shon you a glare, his lips curling down coldly, "And what does that mean?"

"The use of a minimum of words: concise to the point of seeming rude or mysterious."

Levi's brows furrowed together, his soft lips curling into a more prominent frown, "So you think I'm rude and mysterious? I don't think that that's a compliment."

You nudged him, "It is a compliment, don't worry."

Levi's ebony eyebrows pinched together a little more, his face turning to the side. He ran his fingers through the ebony ends of his soft hair, stretching his legs out.
"Y/N?" Your name ran smoothly from his lips without him needing to try.

"Mhm?"

"I'm going to be strictly honest with you and I don't you to take offence."

You raised your eyebrow.

Levi's head slowly turned back to face you, his silver eyes narrowing down onto yours with coldness in his expression, "You seem like a nice girl, so I'll give you this advice now." He paused for a few moments as you felt your chest tighten "Stay far away from me. I'll only cause you trouble."

You leaned closer with curiosity, your legs pressing against your chest, "Trouble? What's that supposed to mean?"

Levi scoffed, beginning to stand from the carpeted floor. The Captain dusted off his crisp, raven trousers with a frown, shaking his head with distaste: "I'm an ex-criminal for a starter, but I bet that Erwin forgot to mention that to you when you spoke about me last night."

Your eyes completely widened with a sudden shock of adrenaline, taken aback by what you had just been told. You forced a calm demeanour, ignoring your racing heart as he now stood above you.

"I-.. that doesn't bother me."

"Then you're an idiot." Levi scoffed, beginning to turn his back to you with his large, slender ends buried deep in his pockets, "You love flirting with disaster, don't you?"

You placed your hand against the floor to push yourself up, beginning to follow after him, "You intrigue me, Levi. I want to learn more about you."

His eyes shot open.

Levi gave you a confused stare, obviously taken aback by what you had said; when he'd first became a Scout, many soldiers avoided him because of his past - and people still avoided him now, but out of pure respect. He was seen as an 'idol': someone that others should aspire to be.

He couldn't understand why you cared; he couldn't understand why you wanted to be around him.

His head slowly lowered as you stepped nearer to him, watching his lips part to speak: "Koi no yokan." The older Captain paused for a few moments, "That's.. what comes to mind when a I think of you."

Your brows pinched together with confusion lurking in your E/C eyes, "I've never heard of that before."

"It's not English; I read it in a book."

"What does it mean?"

The edge of his lip curled up into a faint smirk, before he slowly began to wander off.