Chapter Four

Danielle's POV
Perfect For Me

There was a party in the house and honestly I didn't want to attend it. Yes, I was avoiding Molly. Not that I didn't want to see her. Trust me I did, with all of my being but I just couldn't. Seeing her would tempt me to do something stupid. I know we'd already slept together but that was a mistake, that was me being drawn to what we had in the past, a sexathon if ever that is a real word.

Stella had already left cause she was helping with setting up the place. I hated the fact that I would arrive alone, probably the attention would be drawn to me. I was the one getting married after all. Speaking of marriage, I wasn't sure if I was as committed to going down the aisle with Stella as I had been in the beginning of it all. I believe the only reason I was holding on was because even if I wanted to be with Molly that would never be possible cause she was married.

Happily married.

Yesterday I realised our room was attached to Liz and Molly's and it dawned on me that I wasn't imagining Molly moaning, she actually must have been. Molly and Liz had sex all night and I heard them. Stella and I had sex all night last night and they probably heard us too. I was so embarrassed for some reason and it made me not want to see Molly even more. And another reason is a secret, well I obviously have to let you know though so here goes nothing, every instance that I heard Molly's moans I fucked Stella harder. I don't know why I was like this but I sometimes wish she could've been Molly.

I'm a horrible person, I know.

I sighed, looked at myself in the mirror for a while after dressing up, deciding to sweep my thoughts under the mat. The party was downstairs so atleast it was only a matter of going down the stairs. It was only a few days left to my wedding. Again, frankly, I felt like pulling out of it. Better sooner than never. If Stella ever found out about me and Molly then she would be totally shattered. I didn't want to hurt her like that. Although I already was.

I gathered up the strength and finally made my way downstairs. There wasn't a lot of people, just the bridesmaids and a few family friends. When I walked inside the party room, like I had anticipated, all attention went to me. God, I didn't want that at all.

"The groom!, " someone drunkenly announced at the back and an applause followed right after, "Make a speech will ya."

Fuck you.

I wanted to say but I just smiled in return. Having no other choice cause all eyes were now on me, including Molly's. I made my way to my wife-to-be and upon reaching her I held her hand, ready to make the so called speech.

"I didn't prepare for this," I let out in a nervous chuckle, "But then sometimes some words don't need to be written down and practiced," I touched my heart, "Sometimes it all has to come from the heart. It's only two days to the big day and honestly if it were up to me I would get married to this beautiful woman right this instance," I looked Stella in the eyes, suddenly for some unknown reason getting an emotional urge, "I love you Stella. I wish I could scream at the top of my lungs and let the whole world know that you're mine and I'm yours. You are the one person who has stood by me against all odds. In all my wrongs you've been the only right. And, when I was down you were always there to make sure I get up and keep going. I'm not trying to make this sound like some cliché romantic type of shit but we are a romantic cliché type of shit and that's good cause that kind of thing always has a happy ending right. I love you so much baby," I finished, pulling her by the waist and tasting her sweet lips.

She smiled into the kiss and I did the same, breaking it right after. The small crowd around us applauded yet again. The music was turned up and everybody seemed to get their groove on. Unintentionally, my eyes met Molly's. She gave me a half felt smile and something in my heart broke. The stare didn't last long though cause she broke it and turned to Liz. I guess this was going to be one hell of a long ass night.

Hours into it and I had turned to alcohol to get me through the night. Molly had avoided me like I was the corona virus and I took the hit hard. Everyone else seemed to be having an awesome night though, except Stella who was babysitting my sorry ass.

"Danielle stop drinking you're already tipsy," she warned for the umpteenth time, taking the alcohol I had badly secured in my hand and making me groan. I wasn't dead drunk but I could feel that I was a little tipsy, it wasn't enough to drown my emotions though.

"Aren't we supposed to be having a great time," I half slurred.

"What's wrong with you?"

I hate being here.

"I'm having fun Stella, you ought to live a little too," I answered instead, "Come on let's dance alright," I jumped off of my seat, staggering a bit. I held her hand in mine and led her to the dance floor. Right then, a new song came on and it changed the whole mood as everyone with a partner got to the centre of the room to dance to it.  I held Stella by the waist as we began to dance to the song. The lyrics surely weren't helping with my situation.

Mm
Mm, mm
I know your favorite song
I hear it everyday
Whoever made your smile
Made it to get in my way
And every time you laugh
You make that little sound
It's just the hardest thing
To love you but not know how
So I spend all my nights in the dark and afraid
'Cause I've tried to forget you but these things just don't go away

I was searching for her in the crowd, partly hoping that she was searching for me too. Stella's fingers grazing my cheek grabbed my attention. She mouthed "I love you" when my face was finally facing hers and I smiled in return, my mouth stuck for me to say it back.

I hate that you're perfect, perfect for me
If I didn't know better, then I would believe
We were made for each other, but I'd know the truth
You're no good for me, I'm no good for you
And I hate that you're perfect
You're perfect for me
I hate that you're perfect
You're perfect for me

I got so overwhelmed all of a sudden and I felt my eyes get teary. Would I say I was destined to meet Molly? If that was the case then was I also destined to break Stella's heart? I felt like the universe somehow made me hear this song just to fuck me up. I hated that Molly was perfect for me alright, but I also hated that Stella was perfect for me too and there I was, in between and imperfect.

What good are words when they always just get in our way
And it hurts the most just to know that you don't feel the same, the same
So sometimes I get down on my knees and I pray things will change
But life is what happens when things they don't work out our way, our way

I turned in that moment and there she was. Her eyes meeting mine like it was meant to be. A stray teared fell down her cheek and I saw how broken she was. But deep within her stare lay something else alright, she was inlove me. That's right, Molly was inlove with me and I knew it. The real question was, what was I going to do about it?

So I spend all my nights in the dark and afraid, mm

'Cause I've tried to forget you but these things just don't go away, away

She whispered something to Liz, abruptly leaving right after, her last stare lasting a bit longer. I guess I knew what to do and it was up to me to act on it.

I hate that you're perfect, perfect for me
If I didn't know better, then I would believe
We were made for each other, but I'd know the truth
You're no good for me, I'm no good for you

"I'll be right back baby," I whispered in Stella's ear, letting go of her. She held my hand, stopping me from leaving, "I really need to use the bathroom," I smiled through my lie and she believed me, smiling back and letting me go.

And I hate that you're perfect
You're perfect for me (yeah, yeah, hey)
I hate that you're perfect
You're perfect for me

And I ran after Molly. I didn't know what it would lead to but I did regardless. And just as I turned to the upstairs corridor I saw her. She looked surprised to see me but she didn't move an inch. I didn't know what was going through my mind but right as I reached her. I kissed the hell out of her. Without fear, without any care in the world. I kissed her and she kissed me back, with the same intensity.