Talking to Wanda

I immediately called the police,I didn't bother with telling them about the screaming,I must've been hearing things again. They asked me if I knew the man,I obviously didn't. The man was pronounced dead,they called in an ambulance and the man would be taken to the morgue.

I quickly went back to the coffee shop,some of the people had left the coffee shop to see what had happened,others didn't wanna. I finished the night,because I was still at 5am and the night finished within a few seconds. The 6am text showed and the dark chimes played again.

I sat there expecting another cutscene,but nothing happened. Then the text showed 'Night 3'. I closed out of the game.

I wanted to head home but I just couldn't. I went to my car and got back on my computer,I looked at the email Wanda had given me and sent her an email.

Wanda
You said you 'beat' Mortem. How did you do that?

                                                   -Walter

She responded almost immediately.

Walter
Finally,I didn't think you would email me. So from my experience,Mortem isn't a person. He's a virus,or some kind of entity. I got lucky,when I beat him. I had helped make a RPG game,it never did get published. One of the people working on the game was Mortem.

                                                    -Wanda

Wanda
Well,what did Mortem do? What was he involved with in the making of the game?

                                                    -Walter

Walter
From what I knew he was part of the graphics team. I was apart of making the soundtrack. He was apparently the best on the team. I once asked my boss about him,but he said he didn't know who I was talking about. That day one of my co-workers told me that she had over heard the conversation,and that she had looked up the name,and that's when I found out that his name was Latin for death.

                                                   -Wanda

Wanda
Yeah I looked up his name after you left. But I have a question,did you ever play that game?

                                                   -Walter

Walter
Yes. I was sent a copy by our boss. When I played it something felt off about it immediately, the music had changed on the main menu,I knew that because *I* had made the music for the main menu. I shrugged it off and continued playing. The game got more and more graphic and eventually I found a small town full of NPCs,they were all co-workers,everyone who had worked on the game was there. Then a small text told me to kill them. I shut the game off.

                                                     -Wanda

Wanda
So that's it? You never encountered anything else?

                                                      -Walter

Walter
I never turned the game on again. But that doesn't mean I wasn't taunted. Mortem kept appearing on my computer,sending messages to 'Keep Playing' and 'Do as your told'. Eventually the messages just stopped. Then my husband Tommy told me that he had been having nightmares. Awful,horrible,gory nightmares.

                                                      -Wanda

I expected her to continue and just sat there. I suddenly got an email from Scott.

Walter
Hey buddy,look,I know it's been a long time since we talked,I know you've seen my emails,I just wish you would respond to them. We're worried about you,Walter.
                      -Scott

The email scared me. I thought about telling Scott about what had been happening. But decided against it.

Scott
I'm sorry,I've been really held up. I just got time to respond. I'll talk to you when I'm done with what I'm working on.

-Walter

Wanda emailed me back.

Walter
I'm sorry,I couldn't type for a little bit,I started to remember what I'm about to tell you. Mortem started to physically show me signs,telling me to 'play the game' and 'do as I say'. And one d. So jdid is. One day I went home and I found his lifeless body on the floor. On the walls written in his blood to 'Play the Game'.

-Wanda

Wanda
I'm sorry that you lost him. What did you do after?

-Walter

Walter
Stop searching.

The email didn't have a signature,but it had came from Wanda.

Walter
Play the Game

Walter
Play the Game

Walter
Play the Game

One final email was sent.

Walter
Play the Game and all shall be spared.

Once again I never took a picture,for obvious reasons. But I did redraw the photo from memory. The more I drew, the more dreadful I felt. I hate looking at this but you need to see it. You need to know what Mortem looked like.

 You need to know what Mortem looked like