1

danger zone

~~~~~

i opened the front door of the condo that i shared with my best friend maggie that was at least 30 minutes away from base

"mags!" i called out through the house, she has to be here because i saw her car outside "magg-"

i was cut off by yelling and i was squished into a hug "sav!!"she got a good look at me then pulled me back into a hug "i've missed you so much!"

"i've missed you so much more" i tell her with a laugh "you've gotten taller" she rolled her eyes at me

"and your glowing" i shoved her "so where's lover boy? the one you keep talking about?" she helped me bring up my bags

"with mav" i simply said "i don't want to get into it right now"

she sat on my bed and patted next to her "tell me about it"

"it's a long story" she gave me a look.

"we got time" i sighed and sat next to her

"he's staying with mav for awhile, but before he even told me that we talked about moving in together" i said and her eyebrows scrunched up "he's like less than 30 minutes away but still"

"yeah i get it" she nodded "so are y'all gonna hang out soon?" she asked

i shrugged, genuinely not knowing "i have no clue" i sighed once again "i'll text him later tonight"

she nodded "maybe he'll have a change of heart"

"maybe" i looked at her with a weak smile

~~~~~

after a couple of hours her and bradley decided to meet up at a local bar.

"hey" i say making my way up to the booth and he stood up giving me a hug "how've you been?"

"good" he sat down in front me "maverick and penny got together, went on a joyride in the plane yesterday"

the plane, he mentioned the plane. the whole reason he went to go stay with mav

"finally" he nodded at my words "so the plane?" i narrowed my eyes at him

"is done" he finished, he noticed my look i gave him "and i'm moving down here"

my face lifted up into a smile "for me?"

"for you" i squealed and leaned over the table, giving him a kiss "so i was thinking tomorrow i go house looking"

"can i come?" he looked at me like i was done, i guess my question was stupid

"well yeah i kinda want you to come help me pick out our house" he said and i looked at him

what?

"are you asking me to move in?" i shyly smiled at him "or is this your attempt?"

he laughed at me and shook his head, grabbing my left hand "savannah sky would you make me that happiest man alive and move in with me?"

i nodded excitedly and leaned over the table, again, to give him another kiss

"wanna stay at my place?" i asked him "you can say hi to maggie"

i gave him my puppy eyes and he let out a laugh "i would love to"