chapter 8

today's song choice: if we never met - John K

hongjoong's pov

After inviting Seonghwa to his place to play video games, Hongjoong noticed that his best friend was being very quiet. Not only that, he wasn't really invested in the game him and Hongjoong were playing which wasn't like him.

"Seonghwa, is everything okay?", Hongjoong asked him, softly patting his friend on the back.

"Oh, yes, everything is fine!", Seonghwa said but Hongjoong didn't quite believe him.

"Seonghwa, please, you don't look fine. Tell me what's wrong or I will call Sannie and ask him. Was your father a jerk again?", Hongjoong said taking his phone that was on the table, ready to call San.

"No, please don't call San! I will tell you.", Seonghwa said nervously trying to grab Joong's phone out of his hand.

"Fine, I won't call him. What's up?", Hongjoong asked as he paused the game they were playing just minutes ago.

"I...saw Sannie kissing Wooyoung at the New Year's Eve party.", Seonghwa answered him while looking at the ground.

"Oh, wow. Hwa, isn't it time you stop liking Wooyoung? I don't even know why you like that guy that much, I get it he was handsome at first but this is getting a bit out of hand, he is dating your brother!", Hongjoong tried to be honest with his best friend, but within all that honesty was also hope that Seonghwa finally stops thinking about that jerk.

"That's what's bothering me, Joong. The fact that SAN is dating him. San, who hated people like him before. It just doesn't make much sense to me.", Seonghwa complained.

"It doesn't but isn't it time to move on already? Maybe there is someone who's dying to be in a relationship with you but you can't exactly see that because you're so blinded by Wooyoung!", Hongjoong slightly raised his voice. He just wished to tell him at that exact moment how much he liked him.

"Who would even like me?", Seonghwa said in a sad tone.

"There is someone...", Hongjoong has had enough.

"Who?", Seonghwa asked.

"Me, you idiot."

wooyoung's pov

For the last few days, all that Wooyoung would think about is how San kissed him on New Year's Eve. Even after making that stupid rule, and the most important rule as San liked to call it, he was the first one to break it. Wooyoung was frustrated because San was the reason he thought he was going crazy. 

San and him didn't talk much after the party. They both had very busy days since exams were coming up. They never even talked about the kiss. Maybe San was drunk? But no, that couldn't be, because he didn't drink a lot that night. Maybe he kissed him only because he saw Hyunjin? But that still didn't make sense, because they agreed to holding hands if Hyunjin was around.

"Uhm, Woo. Your CPU will overheat at this point. Maybe even explode.", Yunho stopped him from his daydreaming realizing that he didn't stop the infinity loop he got stuck in while coding.

"Oh shit.", Wooyoung murmured. God, San didn't even let him study for his exams in peace.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit..confused?", Yunho asked.

"Oh no, I'm perfectly fine. Just stressed about the exams.", Wooyoung lied.

"If you say so.", not believing him at all, Yunho didn't want to bother his friend further.

Maybe he was just stressed about one of the exams that was in 'A guide on how to understand Choi San 101'. Suddenly, he felt his phone vibrating on his desk.

fake boyfriend
are you busy studying? do you want to get some coffee together?

Wooyoung couldn't believe his eyes. Pinching himself on the cheek to make sure he wasn't dreaming, he felt his heart beating a thousand miles per hour. He quickly put on some clothes and went out of the dorm room, leaving Yunho confused.

me
where are we meeting?

He wrote the text message as he was exiting the dorm building. Maybe he did like San after all.

san's pov

Kissing Wooyoung on the lips was the dumbest choice he ever made, San thought. But texting and asking him to get coffee together was even dumber. The truth is, San couldn't stay focused on studying either. His mind never really erased the events of that night. The way Wooyoung's soft lips touched his was a feeling he would never forget. It was like they were made for him. And the way Wooyoung kissed him back, San swore that he felt butterflies in his stomach. He was still craving for that same feeling of Wooyoung's lips pressed on his like they were his oxygen when they actually made his breathing harder. 

"San!", Wooyoung was shouting from the other side of the street waiting for the street lights to turn green.

While watching the boy cheerfully crossing the streets, San's heart felt like it was going to drop. In just a few minutes, his smile is going to fade away. San didn't want to do that but he couldn't take it anymore. Wooyoung just made him more confused, more crazy. San never liked boys yet there he was, meeting his fake boyfriend after kissing him on New Year's Eve. So romantic.

They entered the caffe and ordered some coffee. Wooyoung ordered some black coffee while San ordered a latte. The two of them were sitting in silence and enjoying their drinks. San wanted to see Wooyoung smile for a bit more before telling him the reason he called him to meet.

"So, why did you call me to meet?", Wooyoung started.

"I needed to talk to you about something.", San said.

"If it's about the kiss, it's cool, we won't do that ever again."

But San wanted to do it again. It was too late now though.

"Wooyoung, actually...I want to stop.", he finally said it.

"Stop what?", Wooyoung acted dumb but he knew exactly what San meant.

"I want to stop this fake relationship. I'm sorry, I can't do this anymore.", San said as he stood up, left money on the table for his drink and exited the caffe leaving Wooyoung as heartbroken as ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm back from my first exam of this week and decided to post a quick chapter update. I'm gonna publish the next chapter tomorrow, leaving you on this cliffhanger (yes, i'm that evil). I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter, even though Sannie and Woo aren't on good terms now :( 

Until tomorrow and thank you for reading my story, once again!!

(p.s.don't forget to vote for our boys on fannstar <3)