44

•Bonus Chapter•

The last of my clothes had been packed away about half an hour ago, and i sat on my bedroom floor, leaning against my bed frame.

"I'm gonna go get something ready, I want  take you somewhere before you go. I'll come get you when im done, okay?" Weston had said, backing off the front porch.

"Sure...that would be nice," i smiled, amused at the way he hadn't stopped grinning since I'd seen him. He had these adorable creases at the corners of his mouth, almost like dimples but they framed his smile.

He really was attractive, i admitted, and had only gotten more so with a few years age.

And he liked me.

I felt 12 years old again, crushing on my neighbor, but it was real this time.

Weston Travers, who had waited two years for me to grow up, waited for me, just asked me to be his girlfriend.

I think i needed to throw up.

I felt nauseous.

A soft tap at my half open door made me jump, and Weston opened it slowly.

"Ready?"

I nodded, too excited to speak.

He pulled me to my feet, but didn't move away, pulled me flush with him by the hand grasping mine instead.

I smiled falteringly, barely able to breath, and the smirk on his face said he knew what he did to me.

"Since when did you get shy babygirl?"

My heart stuttered at the name.

"Since, since...I'm not I just-" I stammered and then stopped.

He laughed fully and folded me tightly to his chest, kissing the top of my head repeatedly.

"You're adorable, man how I missed you."

"I missed you too," I choked out, still in his too tight embrace.

"Let's go." He took my hand and placed a kiss on my lips, not leaving me time to kiss him back before he led me out the door, speechless again.

I had a sense of dejà vú walking down my steps, all the hundreds of times I'd done it before in my life, eyes usually wandering over to Weston's drive in the hopes of catching a glimpse of him, it becoming a habit even after the novelty of a new neighbor wore off.

My brother smacking me on the head and threatening to tell dad I had a crush on him, me adamantly denying it, and ignoring Weston for a week to prove it.

Weston pushing me on that tire swing right there, giving me the most secretly terrifying moment of my life, sending the tire almost parallel with the 20 foot branches. He was a bit of a boy back then.

I was snapped back to reality when he opened his truck door for me and helped me in, then reached across me and buckled me in too. I was a bit stunned by the gesture.

"I can do that but thanks," I chuckled, shaking my head.

"And so can I," he stated.

I stumbled a little further in love with him.

We drove for about 15 minutes, following a road I'd only taken for fishing trips, as the only thing located out this way was a massive lake and a seafood shack.

I suspected he was taking me to sit on the dock there, or to the restaurant, but I decided not to spoil my surprise.

His hand smoothed up and down my thigh, and he hummed along softly to the radio.