XII

We watched an episode of The Big Valley, a western, which was the only thing  we could agree on. We both reclined on my bed so we could share the snacks, and I wished he would go in for another foot massage, but I didn't ask, and he didn't offer.

After that episode he clicked the TV off and stretched dramatically, showcasing his abs and shoulders, biceps, all of it, right next to me. The urge to reach out and run my hands over him was annoyingly present.

"Are you tired yet?" I asked.

"I should take a shower..." He mused.

"Mhmm...do you know what would be more fun though? If we snuck down and went night swimming in the pool."

He twisted his head towards me and contemplated.

"We should go to sleep."

"We've been sitting all day. What are you old or something?" I stood from the bed and gave his forearm a tug. "Let's go dude. When's the last time you did something spontaneous?"

He leveled a stare at me.

"When I picked up a mangy stray from the side of the road."

"You did? What was its-"

"I question the wisdom of it daily."

I paused.

"You're talking about me huh."

"No shit."

"Get up jerk."

He sighed and let me pull him to his feet.

"We'll probably get kicked out."

"Nahhhhh," I waved my hand at him and retrieved my swimming items from before, yanking on the shorts under my T and then turning around briefly to yank the shirt off and pull the sports bra on.

"Yeeeeesshhh gahhhhh can't you warn a man?" Weston said, and I turned to see him facing the window with his hands on his hips.

"Sorry, I wasn't going to flash you or anything," I laughed, surprised.

"Yeah I should hope not."

I bent and plucked his shorts from his bag and threw them at his back.

"I'm sorry Weston, are you a virgin? I didn't mean to scare you."

He turned around slowly, tying his trunks.

"Yes Avery. I am a virgin."

"That's good." I handed him a towel and we headed out the door. "Premarital sex is a sin."

"So I've heard."

I patted his arm gently. "I've got a feeling it's not by choice. It's okay though. There's someone out there who will find you attractive. Keep the faith brother."

"I lied."

"Oh? You're not one? Are you sure your not just lying that you were lying?You've got nothing to prove to me We-"

"Girl if you do not shut your trap, I am going to shut it for you." he clicked the elevator button and glared at me.

"Okay. So, that's not the way you talk to a Queen first-" I was silenced against my will, by Westons hand, covering half of my entire face, and his arm, closing like a vice around my chest, so that I could not pry him off. In vain, I struggled for a moment, and then stopped, contemplating.

And then, I licked his hand, my last tactic.

"Jokes on you," he said, leaning down close to my ear,"I'm into that shit."