39: That's still a secret.

26 August: Coleman Manor

After Meredith told her everything Josette convinced her to come to the Potters with her. A change in place and meeting Remus might help cheer her up.

Josette told her to pack her trunk and left her room to talk with Castiel. She knocked on his bedroom door and heard a muffled 'come in'.

She opened the door and saw him sitting on his chair, depressed. "I just came to tell you that, Meredith is coming with me to the Potters." Josette informed him.

"Okay." He said quietly, Josette turned around to leave when he said "Please-" and she stopped in the doorway. "Please tell her, her dad is not the bad guy." He said.

"Why don't you??" Josette asked facing him.

"I can't. I can't look at her. I'm so ashamed of myself!!" He sobbed.

"Why did you do it then??"

"He threatened to hurt my them." He replied "Still I rejected it and then... he has all this personal information about us. Jenna and her past. Elijah and his job. Meredith, her school year, her boyfriend, her timetable that even I didn't knew. It's like they are always following us." He sobbed harder "I just did it for my family."

"Castiel, Jenna had to leave her home because of my Mother's wrong ways. She just doesn't want to you walk on that path too." Josette said "Give her some time, I'm sure she will understand. And if possible say no to Voldemort. It's not you."

He nodded thinking about it very seriously. "And I'm sure Meredith doesn't think you as the bad guy." She added with a sad smile on her face and left his room.

~☆~

Remus was pacing in the living room worried about the girls. Why would she suddenly call Josette to her home alone?? She was not answering to my owls, is she in trouble?? There were tear stains on the letter, why was she crying?? All these questions filled his mind.

He even went to the thought that someone kidnapped Meredith and told her to write a letter to Josette so they could get her too. But the others convinced him it cannot be something that extreme.

"What if-" Remus started but got interrupted by James. "Moony, you need to stop your 'what if' list. I'm sure they are fine."

"But-"

"No buts. Come here." Peter grabbed his hand and sat him on the couch handing him a plate of cookies. "Eat." Remus took one cookie, chewing on it quietly.

Just then the fireplace rose green and out stepped Josette immediately followed by Meredith. Everyone's faces lit up once they saw them. It was clearly seen on Meredith face that she was upset. She directly ran into his boyfriend's arms, crying onto his chest.

"Remus, why don't you take Meredith to my room. She'll tell you there." Josette said as she handed her trunk to the boy. Remus nodded and took it, walking upstairs.