Broken Dreams

[All Might POV]

I quickly gathered the remains of the sludge villain in a jar and tucked him away in my pocket. I turned towards the victim and my eyes widened.

"IZUKU?!"

I walked to him and saw that he was breathing. I sighed in relief and rapidly smacked his face to wake him up. And no, I did not hit him hard!! Izuku's eyes slowly opened and I quit smacking him.

"THOUGHT WE LOST YOU THERE!!!!"

Izuku let out a high pitched scream and moved quickly away from me.

"A-A-ALL M-MIGHT?!" he screamed, eyes as wide as dinner plates.

"HAHAHA!! YES, IT IS I, ALL MIGHT!!!!" I told him as I flexed my muscles. I looked at him to see that he was sweating a lot.

Hm? Why would he be sweating like that?

"THANK YOU, ALL MIGHT!!!!" Izuku shouted, catching my attention, as he bowed repeatedly at a very high speed. "THIS WILL BE A FAMILY HEIRLOOM- A TREASURE!!!!" I glanced at what he had in his hands, his notebook.

"OH, NO PROBLEM, YOUNG MAN!!!! BUT I MUST BE OFF TO PUT THIS VILLAIN IN CUSTODY!!!!" I told him and squatted down to jump but-

"W-WAIT!!!!"

I looked at Izuku and saw his face perfectly. He looked slightly hopeful, but also a little desperate.

Oh no...

"C-can someone become a hero without a quirk?!"

I stared at Izuku. His eyes were tightly shut and he was slightly trembling.

I want to tell him what he wants to hear, but... he could die if I do... I can't let that happen!!

"NO."

Izuku's eyes widened and he stared at me with little to no emotion.

"I DON'T BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE WITHOUT A QUIRK COULD BECOME A HERO."

Then, I jumped towards the police station.

[Izuku POV]

I stared at where All Might once was. It had been several minutes before I even blinked.

'I DON'T BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE WITHOUT A QUIRK COULD BECOME A HERO'

My gaze trailed to the concrete below me. I turned around and walked. I just let my feet take me wherever. I didn't care.

Next thing I knew, I was standing in front of a very tall building. I didn't know what it was for, but I didn't care. I walked inside and climbed the stairs. They were elevators, but I didn't want to interact with anybody at the moment.

I made it to the roof and looked over the city. It was pretty. I glanced around me and saw no heroes. I shrugged and took off my favorite red shoes. I looked through my hero analysis and sadly smiled.

"Hopefully this will be of some help to good people..."

I put the notebook under my shoes and glanced at my yellow backpack.

"This has no use for me anymore..." I mumbled, staring at the inviting ground below me. "But maybe it'll help someone else..." I took off my backpack and set it beside my shoes. I took a deep breath and looked around Musutafu one last time.

"You were right, Kacchan..."

Then I jumped.

This is heartbreaking 😃 Don't try to end it all like Izuku wanted. Talk to someone about what you're going through at least. PLUS ULTRA!!!!