Happy Birthday

[Izuku POV]

I woke up to the beautiful sunlight shining in my eyes from my window. I groaned, not wanting to get up on a weekend. Suddenly, I remembered what today was.

"TODAY'S THE DAY!!!!" I shouted, completely awake now. It took me about 5 minutes to get ready.

Today is my 4th birthday, and the day me and my twin sister, Izumi, who is younger by 2 minutes, go to the quirk doctor!! I hope I get an amazing quirk like my favorite hero, All Might!!

I continued to fantasize me being a mini All Might as I sprinted to Izumi's room. I opened the door so hard that it bounced back and hit me in the face before I could react.

"Ow..."

Izumi was staring at me in shock from her bed. Izumi's room had a lot of All Might merch, like me, but instead of notebooks full of hero analysis, she had photo albums of our family together.

Don't get me wrong!! I love my family more than anything, but I get to see them everyday and we always say 'I love you!' That's not going to change anytime soon!!

"What's wrong with you, nii-san?" she asked me with wide eyes. I smiled wide.

"WE GO TO THE QUIRK DOCTOR TODAY!!!!" I shouted (again) and ran towards Mom and Dad's room, faintly hearing Izumi's shocked yell behind me. I opened their door, less hard this time, and jumped onto my parents, earning yelps of surprise. Mom looked at me in slight annoyance.

"What's going on, Izuku...?" she asked me, still sleepy. I grinned.

"They go to the quirk doctor today, Inko..." Dad told her, head buried in his pillow. I beamed at him before rapidly nodding my head at lightning speed.

"Oh..." Mom sighed tiredly. I looked at her, confused, but I shook it off.

"Hurry up before we're late, Mom!!" I told her sternly before I rushed downstairs to see Izumi standing by the front door impatiently.

"Where are they!?" she complained, her foot tapping in annoyance. I chuckled.

"They just woke up," I informed my adorable little sister. She pouted her lip as her green eyebrows went further down her face than before, making me chuckle again.

I faintly heard footsteps and looked towards the stairs to see Mom walking down them, sleep still visible in her eyes. Me and Izumi beamed at her.

"Let's eat breakfast and then we can go to the quirk doctor," she instructed us. We would've protested, but we didn't feel like getting on Mom's bad side today.

After practically inhaling our breakfast, the 3 of us drove towards the hospital. I was bouncing in excitement the whole way.

I wonder what type of quirk I'll get!! Will it be a telekinesis quirk like Mom's or a strength enhancer like Dad's or, even cooler, a combination of BOTH!!!!

I grinned, looking out of the window, but I quickly caught the nervous look on Izumi's face. I turned to her in worry

"What's wrong, imoto-san?" Izumi glanced at me, then at Mom, and then she leaned to whisper in my ear.

"I'm afraid that my quirk won't be good enough to be a hero..."

I stared at Izumi in shock, but quickly pulled her into a hug.

"No matter what quirk you get, I will always love you," I whispered to her as she hugged me back. I pulled back after a few seconds and smiled at her. Izumi giggled and we stopped.

"We're here!!" Mom announced, noticeably more awake and excited.

Me and Izumi dove out of the car to get to the quirk doctor, but Mom, somehow, got us to calm down enough to sit down as we waited our turn.

What's taking so long?! How long does it take to discover what someone's quirk is?!

After what felt like hours, the doctor finally called us in. Me and Izumi sprinted into the hospital room and we both managed to sit down in the patient's chair.

"Hello, Mrs. Yagi," the doctor greeted Mom. "Who would you like for me to start with?"

"Izuku's the oldest, so I think he should go first, if that's alright with the both of them." Izumi and I shared a look.

"Nii-san should go first!!" Izumi told the doctor, a big grin on her face. I smiled at her. I have the best sister!!

"Alrighty then!! I just need you to stay still while I put my hand on your head," he instructed me. I nodded rapidly and stayed completely still. "If you're confused, it's my quirk," he explained. "I have the ability to see one's quirk with a single touch. Pretty useful in the doctor industry."

I wonder what my quirk is!! I bet it will be as awesome as All Might's-

"I'm sorry... but it seems like you're quirkless..."

"What

"What...?"

I couldn't hear anything. I couldn't do anything but just sit there in shock. This must be some kind of joke, right? Right?!

The next thing I knew, we were home. Dad gave me a few sympathetic glances while congratulating Izumi for getting a quirk. I don't even know what it is...

I headed to my room and just face planted on my bed and stayed there. I didn't care that it was my birthday or that my family didn't even bother to check on me... My dreams were just crushed...

I hope you like my first ever MHA fanfic!! Have a lovely day!! PLUS ULTRA!!!!