10 Years Later

[Izuku POV]

"I AM HERE!!!!"

"I AM HERE!!!!"

"I AM-"

I slammed my hand on the mute button of my alarm and sat up. I rubbed my eyes to shake off the drowsiness of sleep and got ready to shower.

For some reason, I started to think about what has happened in the last 10 years in the shower. Pathetic, am I right?

For the first 7 years after I was diagnosed as quirkless, my family would forget that I even existed, except for the present that Dad would leave me on my birthday. I had, at the time, believed that everything would get better, but it never did. In those years, I learned how to cook, clean, and take care of injuries. After I told everyone I was quirkless, they started hitting me with their quirks, expect Izumi. She acted like I didn't exist, which hurt more than anything. But on the bright side, I started to write down analysis of heroes and just anyone I can see their quirk. It's helpful whenever I feel like breaking down.

The next year, my first year of middle school, was when I finally accepted that my family didn't care about me. I started having some slight panic attacks, but they would pass by quickly. The beatings only got worse from there though. Kacchan's explosive sweat hurt a lot and left several scars on my back. Him and my other classmates started calling me 'Deku' and 'useless' and other things like that. It hurt and I tried not to show it, but I was never good at hiding my emotions... My panic attacks started to get worse when I noticed that the teachers seemed to encourage this!! My nonexistent self confidence only got worse.

The next year was spent searching for a job so I could pay for food and cleaning supplies. I had discovered Present Mic's radio station and started listening to it every day to motivate myself to keep going!!

I'm now 14 and life could be a lot better, but I'll keep going to become a hero!! I scrolled to my radio app, clicked on 'Put Your Hands Up Radio', and started my walk to Aldera Junior High.

"HEY LITTLE LISTENERS!! IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY OUTSIDE, YA DIG?!"

I chuckled. Present Mic is a very loud person, but he's fun to listen to.

"AS MANY OF YOU KNOW, I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET MY VERY BEST FRIEND ONTO THE SHOW, BUT HE KEEPS REFUSING!!"

Present Mic talks about his best friend frequently on his show, he never gives a name. I wonder who it could be...

"HE ONCE AGAIN REFUSED, BUT I WAS ABLE TO GET ANOTHER ONE OF MY CLOSE FRIENDS ON HERE TODAY!! BE READY TO ASK QUESTIONS FOR THE R-RATED HERO: MIDNIGHT!!!!"

I grinned. Midnight is known for her... questionable behavior towards boys, but she is a great heroine!! This is the first time she's been on Present Mic's show, but she has been mentioned on numerous occasions.

"Hello, there~"

"WE ALREADY GOT SOME QUESTIONS FOR YOU, MIDNIGHT!!"

"Fire away, Mic!!"

THUD!!

I looked up to see Kacchan glaring at me. I gulped, already knowing what was about to happen.

"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING, DEKU!!!!" Kacchan yelled as he lifted me by my collar.

"W-w-wait, Kacchan!!" I tried to pry his hands off my collar, but earned a explosive punch to the side of my face.

"Deku..." Kacchan growled as he dropped me, causing me to fall on my butt. I looked up in 'hidden' hurt and fear. "Just go die already." Kacchan turned his back and walked into the school. I hung my head as silent tears rolled down my face for a minute or two. I quickly wiped my tears away, stood up, and ran into a prison.

Heroes don't cry

After School...

I laid on the ground with a bloody nose, a black eye, multiple burns and bruises on my body, and tears in my eyes.

Kacchan had just threw one of my hero analysis books out of the window.

"You should take my advice from this morning, Deku," Kacchan told me with his 'friends' behind him, laughing. "You might be able to get a quirk in your next life if you do."

I looked up to see Izumi walking towards the classroom, staring at her phone, her face in a confused expression. The 4 year old me had hope that Izumi would see what was happening and stand up for me, but I already knew that wouldn't happen.

"Kacchan!!"

"What, Zumi?!" Kacchan growled at her in annoyance. Izumi sighed.

"Dad wants you to train for the UA entrance exam from now on with me and him and he has something 'special' to show us," she explained with an unamused face. Kacchan rolled his eyes.

"Tell Uncle Toshi that I'll be there. Our usual spot, right?" he asked and got a nod before Izumi walked away, probably towards home. Kacchan turned his blazing eyes onto me. "Don't forget what we talked about, Deku!!" Kacchan and his 'friends' walked out of the classroom.

I slowly stood up and stumbled down the hallways towards the back of the school. I spotted my notebook in a fish pond, being eaten by the fish. I jogged to the pond and retrieved my burned, soaking wet notebook. I sighed with my head down and decided that I would take the long way home.

Why couldn't I have been born with a quirk?! My family would still love me, Kacchan would still be my friend, I wouldn't be bullied, and I would have a better chance at becoming a hero!! Maybe Kacchan was right...

My eyes widened in horror and I rapidly shook those bad thoughts from my mind.

No!! A hero doesn't give up!! No matter how hard things get!! I will be a hero who continually smiles like All Might-

"A new meat suit!! Perfect!!"

I quickly turned around to see a gigantic, gross green sludge towering over me. I started to tremble, eyes wide.

WHAT IS THAT THING?!

It must be a quirk, idiot.

WHO ARE YOU?!

Your conscience. Now, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! WHAT CAN I DO?!

RUN OR FIND THEIR WEAKNESS!!!!

Oh...

I saw that the sludge monster- person- thing was all sludge except for their eyes. I started to take off my backpack, but the sludge monster wrapped themselves around me.

"This won't hurt much, kid, but I must thank you for selflessly volunteering yourself to help me!!" the sludge villain, let's go with that, told me as sludge started to go into my nose and mouth. I tried to claw the sludge away, but it was no use. Tears streamed down my face as I desperately tried to escape.

Well... At least I might get a quirk in my next life...

The last thing I heard before I blacked out was a-

"DETROIT SMASH!!!!"

Hope you liked this chapter!! PLUS ULTRA!!!!