August 5, 2022: Wedding Day

The wedding of Her Royal Highness Princess Claudine to His Serene Highness Prince Florestan, Duke of Mazarin took place on 5 August 2022 at Westminster Abbey in London, England.

On the morning of the wedding it was announced that The Queen had conferred a Dukedom on Princess Claudine; The Duchess of Newcastle. Her titles are therefore Duchess of Newcastle and Mazarin, Countess of Girton and Baroness Bomburst.

On his marriage to The Duchess of Newcastle, His Serene Highness Prince Florestan, Duke of Mazarin will become known as His Royal Highness The Duke of Newcastle and Mazarin.

Members of the public played a big a role in the wedding, with many choosing to stay overnight.

The night before the wedding, the then Princess Claudine and Prince Florestan met some well-wishers in London.

8am – 11am: The Abbey's doors are opened and guests begin to arrive – from official guests including members of Foreign Royal Families and government and Commonwealth representatives, to friends of the couple and figures from the worlds of sport and entertainment including Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Céline Dion, President Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, David Beckham and Sir Elton John. In all, around 2,000 specially-invited guests fill the Abbey.

Before the service, the Abbey's bells peal joyously across London as the guests arrive.

At 10.15am, Prince Florestan and best man, Ralph Ward, arrive at the Abbey and are escorted inside to wait in St Edmund's Chapel for the start of the ceremony. They had both stayed a mile away at Clarence House the night before.

From 10.20am, members of Foreign Royal Families arrive followed closely by Prince Florestan's family.

Members of the Florestan's family including the Monegasque Royal family are seated by the High Altar.

From 10.30am, members of the Royal Family begin to arrive with Her Royal Highnesses The Duchess of Cornwall joining guests at 10.42am.

At 10.45am, a fanfare is sounded by the State Trumpeters of the Household Cavalry as Her Majesty The Queen arrive.

Soon, Prince Florestan and his best man, Ralph process from St Edmund's Chapel to the High Altar to await the arrival of the Bride.

The Bridal party arrives soon afterwards, making the journey to the Abbey from the nearby Goring Hotel, close to Buckingham Palace.

Arrival of the Bride: Princess Claudine steps from her car revealing the first glimpse of her beautiful wedding dress which has been designed by Said Cyrus from Catherine Walker & Co. The veil was held in place by George VI Sapphire tiara, which was lent by The Queen. Her bouquet is Lily of the Valley, Myrtle, Roses, White eucharis, Freesia, Hydrangea, Ranunculus, Stephanotis and Blue carnations. She enters the Abbey with her uncle The Prince of Wales through the Abbey's West Door and pauses at St George's Chapel, where the Coronation Chair is located.

Princess Claudine and her uncle, Prince Charles pause inside the Great West Door before the procession to the High Altar.

She starts her walk down the Abbey's Nave to the High Altar, a distance of 97 metres, carefully making her way around the Grave of the Unknown Warrior – the only grave in the Abbey which is never walked upon. The aisle has been transformed into an avenue of trees, covered with Lily of the Valley, Myrtle, Roses, White eucharis, Freesia, Hydrangea, Ranunculus, Stephanotis and Blue carnations, reflecting the couple.