Prologue

Prologue

13 April 1992

In within twenty-four hours after finding out her husband had died in a tragic accident, Princess Charlotte was now in her bedroom which had now turned into a delivery room, drenched in cold sweat.

"Your highness, push!" The doctor comments.

"I cannot." Princess Charlotte said, tearing up.

"Come on ma'am just hold in there!" the doctor begged.

Princess Charlotte was weak now, sickly and almost dead already. If they didn't deliver the child soon both of them were going to die.

"Please save my baby!" Princess Charlotte begged.

"I'm doing all I can ma'am but I need you to be strong! Now please give me another push." The doctor begged.

Princess Charlotte shrieked in agony as Princess Charlotte fulfilled the doctor's request.

Finally some results, the child's head was now visible but time was running short. "Okay ma'am just one more and we're done." The doctor said.

"I... I cannot." Princess Charlotte sobbed.

With one final thrust, the mighty first cry of the baby hushes the chaos in the bedroom.

"It's a girl, your highness!" The doctor exclaimed.

"A girl," Princess Charlotte weakling said.

The doctor managed to pull the child and once the procedures were completed the little baby girl was wrapped in an equally white blanket.

She stopped wailing like most babies and moved to whimpering rather suddenly.

"Put her in the nursery, have her monitored twenty four-" the doctor said but was interrupted.

"No!" Princess Charlotte nearly shouted "I want to see my daughter." the doctor was hesitant at first. "Please let me see my daughter." Princess Charlotte said.

"My daughter! Let me hold her," Princess Charlotte demanded,

Her vision gradually dims, but your hearing remains keen.

"You look weak, ma'am," The doctor whispered.

However, The doctor nodded and the nurse handed Princess Charlotte the child.

The world turns black around her. She is fading away but Princess Charlotte stared down at the little bundle of joy in her arms and teared up.

"I'm sorry, my sweet Princess. I won't be here to watch you grow up," Princess Charlotte whispered to her daughter.

She looked peaceful now, almost like she was asleep.

"The Queen has arrived." The doctor said.

The Queen entered the room, quickly walking to my side of the bed.

"You did amazing, darling. What's her name?" Elizabeth asked.

"Thank you, mummy, it's Claudine Mary Rose Louise," Princess Charlotte answered.

"Beautiful." Elizabeth said.

"Watch over my children, mummy, please protect them and love them as Johan and I would have," Princess Charlotte told her mother.

"What are you talking about, Lottie, you will raise, protect, and love your children; you don't need me to do that." Elizabeth said.

Elizabeth didn't understand what her youngest daughter was saying.

Princess Margaret walked into the room; her eyes filled with tears followed by Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother.

"Thank you, mummy, granny, aunt, for everything," Princess Charlotte said to the three women.

"Oh, Lottie," Her mother said, squeezing her hand.

"No problem, darling." Elizabeth said, smiling.

"Tell them I love them all. Promise you guys will raise them well," Princess Charlotte said as she handed the baby to Elizabeth.

"Charlotte..."

"Charlotte..."

"Lottie!"

"Lottie!"

"Doctor!" Elizabeth shouted as Princess Charlotte's eyes closed.

"I love you," Princess Charlotte said as she let the darkness take over.

"Charlotte!" Elizabeth screamed.

"Lottie!" Margaret yelled.

"No!" Her mother screamed, crying.