the after

alec

Leaving Frost and Krista alone, Alec knew without possibility that they were going to fuck each other's brains out. After all, she'd been gone for a long time, wouldn't a man want to reclaim what was rightfully his?

     It was a shame too. Well, for his brother, that is. He watched him out from the corner of his eye, since everyone thought that it was a good idea to regroup in Krista's dorm room.

     Damon had liked the little brat and was evidently torn apart by the whole thing. As much as he wanted his brother to be 'happy', Krista had been living a lie with him. She couldn't remember anything about her old life, it wasn't fair of Damon to expect she'd choose him.

     Yeah, yeah, he knew it sounded mean, but it was also true. His brother was so used to getting what he wanted, maybe this would be a wake-up call.

     Everyone gathered in a circle inside Krista's room, which she shared with Violet and Marisol. Lucky girl.

     He could remember some of the faces in this circle, especially since he probably had to look at them every day from now on. He got the sense that things with Krista were not over.

     He wasn't too familiar with boy who had an unfortunate amount of freckles, couldn't even place his name. All he did know was that he was Krista's friend and was there when she died.

     Then, there was a girl with massive Angelina Jolie lips. When she caught him staring, the glare she gave him was impressive.

     Not caring about the other idiots, his vision shifted over towards Violet. She was tending to the wound on her arm, which was likely to be no more than a graze.

     Alec somehow respected that woman. She was foul-mouthed and unpleasant, yet there was something funny and realistic about how she applied that trait. And, after seeing her around Krista, he knew, without a doubt, that she was a complex character.

     He moved to his brother, in hope that he'd take his mind off the werewolf.

     Too right, he was moping and trying not to cry. How sad, he mentally groaned.

     "I knew she would do this. I told you and you refused to listen."

     Damon scowled at him. Why? He was only telling it like it was.

     "Fuck you, Alec." Wiping his cloudy eyes, he stared at his older sibling, hard. "She really, really liked me, I could see it – of course, Frost had to ruin that. We're not allowed to be happy, remember?"

     Alec rubbed his lips together. He himself wasn't ever all that happy, unless he was eating a meal. Oh, how much he loved food.

     Sighing, he reached to comfort him instead. His hand clasped his shoulder roughly, tightly, which only gave his brother more reason to glower.

     "Don't even, Alec. Whatever you say, it's not worth it. You're not human enough to understand what I'm going through."

     He dropped his hand, lowered his eyes, before saying goodbye. He went over to Frost's fridge, far away from the rest of the bloody Monster Squad.

     Damon was wrong. So, so wrong. Alec knew what it was like to have feelings for someone who wasn't good for you.

     All too well.

     Grabbing a Mountain Dew, he found Violet again. Scrutinizing her as closely as possible, he noticed she had a bandage around her nicked arm. Her expression was stony, as if she didn't want to be here. He could see why.

     Raising her head, their eyes met. Hers smiled slowly, with a shine to them. Her eyes were so blue they pierced right into his very soul. He wondered briefly if she liked what she saw in there.

     Violet was cool, edgy and maybe a little bit weird, but he wasn't hesitating to talk to her because of how beautiful she was.

     It was the burden of being an angel with a guilty and lonely mind.

THE END... for now

A/NHave fun my lovelies!!! If you don't mind mentioning in the comments who your favourite character is and why (if you did) you liked this book.
I will commence upload of The Beautiful Lie late 2022.

Huggles and wishes,
Paige xx