out from the cradle

krista

After I reduced Lady to nothing, I didn't fully know what to expect... but gawking and shocked faces were not it. Violet and the others weren't half as bad as what I got from Frost and Skye.

     I caught onto the way she nudged him in the ribs. It meant something, obviously.

     However, I was all too uncaring about what secret they had going on, and approached them with long strides. His eyes followed me the whole way there, peaking with intrest when I met him.

     "Lily, you're..."

     Lifting my arm up to collide with his jaw, I was in for a surprise when his skin felt just like granite. My hand ached and so, going by the look he gave me, did he.

     "You dick!" I hissed at him. He recoiled a little by the tone in my voice. "You buried me under the ground. You lied to me!"

     He swallowed, forgetting to massage his face and he let his gaze drop down to the ground. Perhaps it was better than knowing how much he betrayed me.

     Skye pouted her lips as she scrutinized everyone around us. Maybe she didn't want them to find out the truth.

     Well, if it was up to me, then the whole bloody school – no, the world – would be given every detail. She'd have to pay for what she did to me. They could both pay together.

     Damon stepped forward, his anger taking over him completely.

     "You." He shook his head curtly like, for some reason, he couldn't believe any of it. "You buried her under the ground. You're the reason she lies awake at night?"

     I could foretell he was going to go for him, but when I clasped his hand within my grasp, he was skeptical. There was something about my actions he couldn't understand. He wished he knew.

     I pleaded him with my eyes that he not do anything. It didn't take much time, he was storming off in a huff a few seconds later.

     Honestly, men called us difficult. I think their opinions were twisted.

     Sensing that I wanted to be alone with Frost, everyone who wasn't my friend left. So, it was only Violet who remained (since Alec thought of me as nothing). I wanted Skye to stay behind, but she was gone when I went to find her. I swear, she moved faster than lightning sometimes.

     I hugged Violet when she got closer, liking it when she didn't push me off. She whispered in my ear, but I never quite caught onto what it was.

     She'd changed a bit, that much was apparent, but I wondered why.

     It was a question I saved for later, as Marisol emerged from the building, with Sunday in tow. They both looked so beautiful, it was lovely to see them again and remember everything great about them.

     "Where's Trevor? I thought he'd want to see this." I spoke out.

     Sunday grinned lightly. She was being careful, though I didn't want her to. I wasn't fragile. At least, not anymore, anyway.

     "He's in class. Mr Shanks wouldn't let him out." She rolled her eyes. Typical.

     Beside me, Frost was frozen as a statue, and it only got worse when Sunday appeared. I guess whatever issues they had between them hadn't been resolved yet.

     I hated him right now, I did. Yet, the longer I continued to be around him, the more that died. He was just so overpowering.

     I hated him for that, too.