Chapter 24

"What's going on?" I ask James impatiently.

He sighs and walks over to sit on the far too big white 'L' shaped couch.

"The pack is under attack"

"I know that" I snap "Tell me the details."

"Well,Alpha Blake reckons that the people who killed one of the guards was giving a warning by just killing one person. Also, he says that the person or people responsible for it are probably the people who um, well who killed your father and who has been apparently stalking you."

I felt my blood drain from my face. Blake told people? I couldn't help but feel betrayed by that. Call me a drama queen but, I told Blake in confidence thinking that he wouldn't tell anyone. It's not easy for me to open up to people, I've never opened to anyone as much as I had to him. I don't like people knowing my business specially when I don't know them well, pack or not.

"What?!" I fume "He told everyone? That little sh-"

"He didn't tell us everything" James interrupts " All he told us was that your pack was attacked a few years ago and your father was killed. That's pretty much how he told it, he didn't go into anymore detail. Then he said about webcams around your room and the text messages. I and everyone else who were told to guard your house are sorry for letting whoever it was in to plant the cameras, Luna."

"Don't be ridiculous, it's not any of your guy's fault. And stop calling me Luna please, Blake isn't around so it's fine."

"It's easier to call you Luna in case I ever accidently call you Carrie around The Alpha. I understand where he's coming from though, it's a sign of respect."

"I know, but wouldn't be more respectful to call people by what they want to be called? Besides, he takes it a bit far. He wouldn't even let my mom call him just 'Blake'. Like he craves respect too much. My old Alpha didn't mind people just calling him by his first name alone" I say remembering my old Alpha. I better email him or whatever to tell him how I am getting on like I had promised him I would do before I left.

"Mmhm, the only people he lets call him by his first name alone is his parents,sister and you."

"He has a sister?" I ask surprised. Now that I think about it, I have never met or seen his family or even heard much about them. Strange.

"Yeah, she's 16. I'm surprised you don't know this. She doesn't live here with the pack though. His parents and his sister moved away a year ago as soon as Blake became Alpha. They haven't fully left the pack or anything, they just moved away to get a break from it. It was hard on Blake because he didn't really know what he was doing. He was only 17 and he was the Alpha of the biggest pack. His father wasn't there to show him what to do. He isn't that close with his family now, they have more of a formal relationship than a family one."

I was surprised about what I was hearing and I also felt a bit guilty. I had gone on and on about my family troubles to Blake and was always feeling sorry for myself and I never even thought to ask him about his family. Wow I'm such a great mate.

"You've really changed him during the short while you've been here" James continues " Before you came he was more colder and distant from everybody in the pack, he and I were drifting away as friends. He was too involved in 'Alpha Work.' He hardly even showed up to school. He's really loosened up lately and is more or less back to his old self and that's because of you"

I felt blood rush to my cheeks. I felt embarrassed yet happy as James told me that. Lately I've been blushing a lot when people compliment me. I'm not has annoyingly cocky as I used to be, besides compliments like stuff Blakes says to me and stuff like James just said mean a lot more than someone just saying 'You're hot.' I'm not saying I'm a completely different person, I'm still annoying and quite cocky just not as bad as before. Theres nothing wrong with being a little cocky, just not overly cocky, it helps my self esteem. In other ways, I think I've matured over these last few months.