𝟙𝟘

"Why did Sprite go with Ikaris?" Makkari signed

"Because she loves him." Hyacinth and Kingo synced.

No one spoke a word...

"Y'all didn't know?" Hyacinth asked while Kingo said, "Oh, you guys didn't pick up on that?"

Kingo shook his head thinking about the betrayal, "He really fooled us, didn't he?" He looked at Karun, "Karun, let's go." He stated.

"Wait, where the hell are you going?" Phastos questioned.

"I can't help you guys. I still think Ikaris is right."

Hyacinth raised her eyes brows at Kingo as she laid upside down, taking support from the wall.

"So, that's it, huh? Just gonna follow him?" Phastos questioned again nodding at Kingo.

"I love the people of this planet. But if you stop this emergence, you are preventing so many other worlds like this one from being created. I still have faith in Arishem. But I refuse to hurt any of you for my beliefs." Kingo answered honestly.

"We need you." Makkari signed as she put a hand on Kingo's shoulder.

"Even with my help, we're no match. It's Ikaris." Kingo walked further and stood near the exit.

"But... I hope to see you on the next planet." Kingo nodded and Hyacinth was left in shock, while Phastos had a 'is he for real' look on his face.

"Aap logo ne humare liye  jo kuch bhi kiya hai uska aabhaar." Karun said as he bent his head down for the thankyou gesture and continued, "Hum logo ke liye toh bada samaan hai. Aap sab logo ki bahut yaad aayegi."

("Thank you for all you've done...for humanity. It's been a great honor. I will miss you all.")

 Karun joined his hands as a goodbye.

Hyacinth and Druig nodded at Karun.

And Karun left with Kingo.

"Look, if I'm gonna get myself killed going up against Ikaris, we'll need to have a backup plan." Druig stated and Hyacinth agreed with him.

"All of our powers, even if they're amplified, are not enough to kill a Celestial, so..."

"Well, Sersi did turn a Deviant into a tree." Druig said and Hyacinth spoke over, "Oh yes, I remember that. I forgot to ask you about it."

"I'm sorry, what?" Phastos asked.

"Deviant... tree?" Hyacinth questioned, "Wait, you didn't tell anyone?" she asked Sersi.

"You didn't wanna tell me that?" Phastos raised his hands in disbelief.

"You've never been able to do it before." Makkari stated.

"I don't know how it happened, okay? And I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it again."

"You... could try...? could really help us... I think." at this point Hyacinth had confused herself.

Phastos scoffed "Well, now is the time to try, don't you think?"

"Phastos, that Deviant is dead. Our plan is to put Tiamat to sleep, not to kill it. I can't kill a Celestial." Sersi stated.

Phastos began clapping his hands trying to talk sense into Sersi, "Sersi. Sersi."

"We can't!" Sersi shouted, "We can't."

"It's okay, Sersi." Druig told her, "I got this." Druig gave Sersi his confidence making Sersi nod.

"I'm worried." Hyacinth mumbled.

Sersi left.

~

Hyacinth and Druig sat in comforting silence as they were waiting for Phastos.

"This is happening..." Hyacinth sighed.

"It is." Druig agreed

"I'm scared." Hyacinth groaned.

"Nothing bad will happen Flower." Druig reassured her.

~

In the faint light of the circular room, the gold glistened. The softest green was the ideal complement to the gold-plated plates. Hyacinth had thrown away her armor after getting sick.

She couldn't stand it's sight.

~

Phastos asked Druig to leave as the domo began to move toward the point of emergence, claiming that Ikaris would arrive assuming Druig would still be inside the domo. There would be time for Druig to do the job.

Hyacinth felt more anxiety for Druig as she watched the volcano erupt from a distance.

"Time to put a god to sleep." Sersi said as Hyacinth grabbed Druig's bicep making him look at her.

"I love you." he said and held her face in his hands.

"Promise me, you'll come back to me in one piece."

"You don't have to worry my Flower. You can't get rid of my easily." Druig said to her with confidence.

"That's not a promise."

Druig chucked, "I promise."

Hyacinth pecked his lips, "good." she nodded.

Makkari arrived making the pair look at her with a small smile, "You be careful okay?" Druig said to Hyacinth making her nod.

Druig walked toward the landscape, pressing on then band which Phastos had given to him, everyone followed, the gold lights connected to her armour before weaving through air meeting Sersi and Makkari.

Hyacinth knew

It was working.

But before they could further proceed, the person Hyacinth wanted to see the least made his presence, and used his heat vision to knock Druig down.

"I should've done this five centuries ago." Ikaris said as he grabbed Druig by the neck and flew him away.

All of them could see Ikaris hurting, most likely killing Druig with his heat vision.

But their minds weren't given time to process any of it, as they were distracted by Hyacinth's screams.

She most likely burned Phastos with her fire.

But no one could complain.

Makkari tried screaming, but no voice came out.

But that did not fail to show her pain, no. It hurt them even more watching the two girls shatter completely.

"Druig's gone. It's over." Ikaris stated as he came down.

Hyacinth marched up to him, "What did you do?"

Ikaris's face held no emotion. "It had to be done."

"You are all talk, you know that? You have no honour. You are a disgrace." she spat.

But before he could further talk, Hyacinth used up all her energy to burn him.

It did little to no harm on Ikaris's side.

But it was the last thing she remembered before her vision blurred and she passed out.

~