Chapter 7: troublesome testing

Dr. A pov
---------------

This isn't my first time leaving the facility walls. It's just more difficult with sythical. Distracted him with music just to get him away from me and next I will try for a podcast. I'm keeping this journal entry short for what I'm doing but I will make a follow-up later. I need to focus on the task at hand: catch a latex and get it into containment. Luckily, people are smarter than them so it should be easy. The plan is simple, lure one back, bring it above the trapdoor, and drop it in. I will write more later. I'm leaving the walls now in a hole I've made and hidden.

_____________
Sythical pov

Dr. A said he has to do something that he's sorry for but also something I shouldn't worry about. I asked him a question but I think it broke him. He just kind of stood there... frozen... He then turned to me and said that I ask too many questions. He then told me about "music" so now I'm just sitting around listening to the sound of guitar, drums, bass, other instruments and vocals. I asked what his favorite song was and his favorite instrument. He answered with two words, "pockets, trombone." He also said he would play the trombone for me later. I had also asked about "pockets." He said it's a song by a not so well known group called Easy Life. He played it for me... I love music.

I've managed to fully heal and repair myself. I think the others back home were trying to figure out what happened to me by contacting me. I fixed my headset and I instantly hear multiple people saying my name.

"Guys what's going on?" I said. Then came their reactions...

"AHHHH!"

"I knew it! He isn't dead!"

"How are you alive!?!"

Not fully what I was expecting. To be completely honest I was expecting someone to fall over.

"'thud' I'm ok!" There it is

"What the hell happened when I disappeared! It sounds like the island is being blown up!" With some panic in their voice and what sounds like eruptions in the background, the sounded like they were in trouble...

"Well... you see... the ones who we were going to defend planets from found us and... yeah..."

Oh boy. This is going to get messy... "hold on. I'll see what I can do!"

I sprint out the room and down the hall for Dr. S' room. Once I reach the door I yell for him. He comes out and doesn't seem happy.

"Why are you yelling. What do you need."

"I need the ability to open portals to different dimensions! There is something urgent I need to do!"

"Not happening kid. I don't know wh-"

"I will work for you for a month! Please, I'll do anything!"

"Anything?"

"Yes! Anything!"

Dr. S snaps his fingers and I suddenly feel something rushing through my body... I turn around and manage to open a portal on the second try. Just as I'm about to walk through Dr. S stops me.

"If your going to save your kind then do it in style." He points a finger gun at me and I walk through the portal.

It was only when I got through, I had noticed that he put a maid dress on me. "God damnit. I'll get him back eventually..."

And as if on cue, another explosion goes off. I quickly run to the scene and everyone stops in their track to look at me. The crowd starts to mumble things like "is that him?" And "he's back?"

I wasted no time and took out my katana. I charge at the enemy drop ship and jump, deploying the blade to my katana and cutting straight through the ship. I charge the rest of the enemies, later joined by my old friends.

"Yo sythical! What are you wearing?"

"What I'm wearing is out of the question."

"Heh, just making sure you're the same guy!"

"Missed you too Thomson. But now is not the time for jokes."

__________
Dr. A pov

Made it back through the facility and got the infected into the chamber. Where the hell did sythical run off to... I'll just ask Dr. S... I leave my room and walk down to his room. At first I knock, no answer. Then I shout for him, still no answer. 'You leave me no choice. And I know you hate when I do this' I jump to the vent on the ceiling and climb in. Once I reach the exit I need, I shuffle around and kick open the vent, causing the cover to smack Dr. S in the head. Not good...

Dr. S: "What do you need. Make it quick before I kill you a second time."

Dr. A: "Not how that works... anyway,  I came here to ask if you know where Sythical went."

Dr. S: "He came here begging for the ability to teleport between dimensions. I said fine but he's doing things for me when he gets back. He's in the place where he came from"

Good to know... looks like I'm set back on science once again. Time to go end this. I fall backwards and go through a portal I put there a second ago. I end up in the sky above the island of protogen and draw my pistols. 'It's go time'

__________
Dr. S pov

Finally. Both of them are gone. The packages should be here soon. I guess I'll walk to the door... As I walk past containment I hear a screech. Dr. A must be doing something. Once I reached the door I stepped outside to see about 50 packages. Great... let's see here... over half of these are metal scrap, one is full of bread, and there is at least 21 that have... random robotic limbs? Oh well. I'm here for this one, it has the person I was expecting...

_________________

Hello! I'm surprised that my book is actually being read! I tried to do a few new things in this chapter like a new way of showing talking. The reason I cut the fight scene twice was because I'm not very confident in my ability to make fight scenes. Hope you continue enjoying my book!