Chapter 3: a new world

Sythical had barely realized what had happened himself. One moment he was drifting backwards into the void of space, surrounded by nothing but pure darkness, the next he blinked and saw a bright grayish-blue sky. He also realized he was falling... fast... As Sythical was gaining speed he noticed he was actually on a planet. After a quick scan while still falling, he could now identify the planet as Earth. Though the image he received on his visor was a planet of green and blue, he only say what looked like a dead planet with dark blue waters. Sythical realized why he saw water, he was about to land in a giant lake. As for land, he saw a big island in the middle of the lake and redirected himself to land there...

______

-perspective of ???

I was enjoying myself inside the underground bunker. Well, as much as one could... I was just about to open the door to my room when I heard a sonic boom outside the facility. There was no mistaking it for anything. As a scientist it's fairly easy to identify what is what. Once I finished my inner monolog, I ran to the exit and nearly broke the button to open the door. One of the guards there had tried to stop me but I ignored them. Before the giant hatch had even opened, whatever was falling had hit the ground with a unreasonably loud thud. I exit the bunker and almost immediately see what it was...

_______

-Sythical pov

After I was done with my "graceful" falling, I tried to stand up but it didn't really work... the only thing I managed to say was "ow" before falling back down. I ran a quick scan of my body and found that nothing was broken or badly damaged. I remembered the katana and quickly reached into my satchel to find the handle was still secure. As I was laying on the ground, I heard footsteps. Soft, quiet, footsteps and a... shadow? I look up and see a figure crouched over me and to my surprise, it wasn't a protogen... I'm confused, lost, and scared but all I can manage to say is...

"AAAAAAAH! WHERE AM I? WHO ARE YOU? WHAT ARE YOU!?!"

_______

-??? Pov

As I'm crouched over this... machine? I realize it's looking at me... I'm curious as to what it is... did this thing come from space? Are aliens re-... My thoughts are cut off by a scream followed by the machine rolling away and sitting up, hand reached into its bag. It then shouts questions at me but before I have time to react, my instant reaction is just,

"AAAH! IT TALKS!" And I proceed to fall backwards... I'll admit, I wasn't really ready for an English speaking robot alien, but I mean... nobody's here to blame me...

_____________

-Sythical pov

I was not ready for that... nor did I expect the thing to scream back... in the same language too. After coming to my senses, I stood up and pulled out my katana, pressing the button so the blade unfolds from the handle. The other creature also stood up and put its hands at around chest level. I ran a quick scan to see what's going on and my visor only really gave me the basics. I guess the advanced scanner broke on impact...

Species: human
Gender: male
Threat level: 3

I lower my katana, and deactivate the blade once more, putting it back in my bag and calmly ask it questions with the knowledge that it's mostly friendly.

"I'm sorry for that rough introduction... let's try that again. Hi, my name is Sythical and I'm a protogen from- uhhh... a floating island in space?"

________________

Don't expect daily uploads. I still have school. But hey! Summer is right around the corner and that means books galore! And I only have 1 reason that I keep doing cliffhangers. I hate cliffhangers and that makes me want to pay money for the next thing. So cliffhangers make me eager to write the next part. Hope you are liking the book so far!