24

Goodnight people!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Six o'clock na ng gabi. Gerald is getting ready to go to work. Seven to seven in the morning sya ngayon.

"Ge," Sarah said.

"Yes Babe?"

"Here." She hand him baon. "I made chicken curry." She smile.

"Thanks!" He accepted it. He put it in his back pack. "I have Nico's blanket. Sabay mo na lang sya pag pasok."

"Okay. Ah Ge. Paano yun mga tao sa hospital? What do we say?" Tanong ni Sarah walking him to his car.

"I'll do the talking." He smiled getting inside his car. "I'll see you later. Give Nico a kiss for me."

"Okay. Ingat!" She wave at him.

"Pogi! You're back!" Natutuwang bati ni Monica sa kanya. He gave a her a huge hug. Everyone else also gave him high fives and hugs.

"We missed you!" Sabi ni Anne the day shift charge nurse that's he's going to replace.

"Thanks! I miss you guys too!"

"I heard you put in your two weeks notice?"

"Yes. A lot had happened that needs immediate attention. In the Philippines."

"Awwww. I hope everything is well. Good luck!" Anne tap his shoulder. Then they exchange reports.

An hour had passed he keeps looking at the clock. Hindi naman naka ligtas iyon sa mga mata ni Monica. "Is everything okay Pogi?"

"Ha? Yeah!"

"You keep looking at your watch." She said working on discharge papers. "Have you talked to Sarah? You both disappeared at the same time."

CODE BLUE ROOM 5211. CODE BLUE ROOM 5211.

Takbo naman si Gerald sa call. He's checking the patient's vitals. The patient has stopped breathing. He starts to do CPR. The response team finally arrived and replaced him. After twenty minutes the doctor pronounce the patient dead. The doctor talked to Gerald about the situation.

"This is what I don't miss about this job," Gerald sigh. He instructed the nurse who's in charge of that patient to call the family members. After that everything and everyone became busy. Discharges and admits non stop. It finally slowed down when it was ten. The visiting hours are over. Bigla sya naka feel ng excitement and nervousness all at once.

Nag dadatingan na rin ang mga late night shift nurses nya. Una si Ate Aubrey, followed by Jen, si Crystal CNA nya, his friend Chris. They all greeted him welcome back.

"Ah guys..." Gerald said nervous. "Later can I talk to all of you all in the break room?"

"Is everything okay Gerald?" Jen asked.

"Yes. Yes. I just wanna tell you guys something important." He replied. "In fifteen minutes okay?"

Dumating na din si Sarah kasama si Nico na naka pajama na. "Daddy! You work with Mom?" Tanong ng bata.

"Yes baby." He smile. "Tara nasa break room na sila."

Sabay silang tatlo na pumunta sa break room. Gerald goes in first. Tinginan ang lahat sa kanya.

"Hurry up boyfriend! My patients are waiting," sabi ni Dawn.

"Okay. Calm down!" He took a deep breath. "What I'm about to tell you all will come as a shock. Trust me even I was shocked. A good shock." He said. He started telling them his story. How he got amnesia. They were quietly listening to him. Then he open the door Sarah and Nico came in.