Chapter 4

It was Challen and the other two men who were at the pub with him. Both men had their arms around the women.

Wait a damn minute! Is this supposed to be some coupling shit?

Cara approached me, "hey Nevaeh. I'm so glad you could come. Especially since it's your birthday."

"Happy Birthday!" All of them said.

"You even brought a cake," Cara said happily.

I blushed, " yeah I baked it myself"

I noticed the Subtle looks they were all giving Challen. Challen had noticed that I was watching them. All of a sudden everyone looked away.

That was... Okay!

It was almost like he had given them some sort of mental message to stop and they did.

However, he had a weird expression on his face while looking at me. That had me look away.

I noticed a fold-up table bed had a few items on it. Cara noticed and reached for the cake.

"Here give this to me wow this is beautiful I like the Moon theme."

I touched the pendant, "yeah I was inspired by this."

She smiled, "yeah it is really beautiful. Who gave it to you?"

I blushed again, "I don't know but it's so beautiful. It's a sin to not be worn."

I looked up and saw everyone smiling especially Challen.

These people smile too much.

I decided to look away and looked ahead towards the sea and watched the waves crashing on the sand.

Someone waved their hand in front of me.

A brunette woman with green eyes smiled at me and gave me her hand.

"Hi, I'm Natalie. Please to meet you."

I reached for her hand but she pulled me and gave me a tight hug. I was taken aback by that however we pulled apart and then the raven-haired female also hugged me.

"Hi, I'm Kristen. Happy Birthday!"

She then introduced me to her boyfriend Dylan and Natalie's boyfriend Aiden.

Finally, it was Challen. The last time I saw him was when we first met and I yelled at him. Let's hope this time goes better.

What happened next really weirded me out.

I reached for his hand and shook it but all of a sudden I was feeling light-headed. I started swaying but felt arms around my back. The lightheadedness got worse and my vision was blurred. My hearing was affected as I heard muffled voices. Arms let go of me and new arms held me then my vision cleared and saw that Wesley was holding me.

"Whoa! What just happened there? We almost lost you there."

I shook my head, "I don't know. But thanks."

An awkward silence fell. Cara came over and handed me a bottle of water. "Thought you might need this."

I thanked her. I'd prefer a beer but seeing that I almost passed out and it might not be such a good idea.

Maybe later.

What I do need is a smoke. I excuse myself and walk a few yards away from everyone. I lit the cigarette and sucked the smoke and exhaled it slowly.

I saw a seagull dive in and not long after it came up out of the ocean with a fish in its beak.

"Wow, that's incredible," I whisper.