Chapter 48

Chapter 48

Alex was in the kitchen, cleaning it. Madison still wasn't home. It was ten pm. Alex was exhausted.

Alex's POV:

I was in my room, preparing to leave this horrible place forever. I grabbed a spare gym bag that Madison had. I don't know what I'll need it for but it's always good to be prepared.
It looked old and like she hadn't used it in months. I looked around my prison cell of a room. It was the last time I would see this hell again. I grabbed the bag, jumped out of the second story window and ran.

*Time passes*

Alex's POV:

I've been running for what seems like hours. I've had no food or water since I left, not that it mattered. I was barely fed a good sized meal for the past month.

I saw a bright light coming from a half a mile ahead of me and I sprinted towards it. I tripped a few times after I came into a vacant parking lot with only one or two cars. The sign said "ROMAN MOTEL" in big black letters. A little street light above it was flickering on and off. I turned my head sightly to the left to see a building with the same sign but no flickering light.

I cracked a smile, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much in the past five minutes. I walk cautiously to the doors, in case I fell again.

I opened the door, gasping for breath. The front desk lady came running toward me.

"Ma'am? Are you okay?" She asked, putting a hand on my shoulder. I look up at her smiling, unaware that there was blood on my face from my previous fall.

"Let's get you cleaned up." She ushered me into a woman's restroom, guiding me to the near by sink. She had grabbed a paper towel.

"Bend over." She instructed, nicely. I obeyed and stayed there for about three minutes. The blood was gone and I got back up.

"How did this happened?" She asked as she threw the paper towel away.

I began to tell her about the past few weeks.

"...and now I'm here." I finished. The woman, who I learned was named Mary, started tearing up. She quickly composed herself.

"That is one crazy bitch." She finally said. I chuckled.

"You got that right." I replied. I turned and was walking toward the bathroom door.

"Wait!" She put a hand on my shoulder. I looked at her as a sign to continue.

"Do you need a place to stay?" She asked.

"Mary, that's really sweet but-" I was cut off.

"You can't go out in this condition." She said.

"She's probably looking for me. I can't let her find me." I reminded her.

"You've been running from her for a full twenty four hours. You need rest." She persuaded me. I thought for a moment.

"I guess I could stay for the night..." I dragged on.

"Great! I'll get you a room. Free of charge, of course." She beamed.

"Thanks." I breathed, smiling.
A/N: Alex escaped the wrath of Madison! ☺️ What do you think of Mary? Please vote and comment. Thank you for all the support. 😘