Camp Half-Blood

Selena p.o.v

The memory of what happened at the autism center played in my head over and over again as the darkness turned into light. My eyes fluttered open. First thing I see is a boy, probably 15… he looks like a Latino Santa’s elf, with curly black hair, and pointy ears. He looked sad but as he turned a smile spread across his cheerful face, then it turned into a mischievous grin. He had brown warm eyes, which made me want to jump up and hug him, his body heat radiated onto me ever so slightly, (does he have a temperature), then I turned my head left and my eyes widened, the person on the bed next to mine was Marcus. He looked fine but had a patch on the side of his neck and he was eating something not really sure what it was. I turned my head to the other side and I saw Emma, she looked pretty bad, her shoulder was bandaged and her ankle was in a cast. I decided it was time to see the worst; so I looked at myself and I was surprised the claw marks were gone not a scar! But my leg was wrapped in bandage. And then it hit me I did this to them! It was my fault we are like this and the memories of fire, burning and heights, falling came into view.

‘Hey guys she is awake’ the boy said. I started to freak out, were on earth am I?! so I did the smart thing and punched the guy sitting next to me in the face and jumped out of the bed pushing through the people trying to put me down. Now that I had a better idea of where I was, I was in an infirmary, with satyr and a bunch of kids healing other kids. I ran outside forgetting the pain in my leg and ran towards the largest pine tree, I’m a fast runner, so I ran about a normal guy; even with my bad leg. That boy who was next to my bed was following me with two other boys, one taller than the other; the taller one had blond hair, and startling blue eyes, while the shorter one had black messy hair and sea green eyes. They were running towards me and I ran faster. I noticed I was wearing an orange t-shirt with a horse on it and some writing but I wasn’t bothered to read the writing, I was wearing shorts and my boots.(at least something i used to have before i blanked out)

‘Hey Selena!-I stopped dead in my track too stunned to move-Hey, gods she’s fast, listen we are hear to help you’ the boy who sat next to me said.

‘who are you?' I asked a little harsher than intended.

‘im your awesome boyfriend Leo Valdez-he got punched in the arm by both the other two guys-okay, OW by the way, and these are Percy -he pointed to his left- and Jason -he pointed to his right-‘Leo said, he had his arm wide open; like i can attack I’m wounded! I turned and ran for the hills the blond guy Jason caught me before I crossed a shimmering fleece with scales surrounding the tallest pine tree. ’LET GO OF ME’ and I punched him where the sun doesn’t shine, he let out a yelp of pain in a high pitched voice. And then my leg gave away and I collapsed to the floor, before I touched the floor, the boy Leo caught me and fell with the full impact.’ow’ he said rubbing his spine.

‘sorry. -I said as Jason helped me and Leo up- I am really sorry Jason, it’s a reflex!- he looked at me like what the heck is a reflex like that?!- I took self-defense since I was 5.

The boy Percy came to me and told me to lean of on him for support… and I did.

‘So what is your name? And to be honest Leo isn’t your boyfriend he just does that cause he likes any girl who is waaaaaay out of his league.’ Coming to the end of his sentence Leo blushed a bit then punched Percy in the arm whispering ‘not cool man..not cool.’

‘ my name is Selena….Selena Jackson’ and Percy's face was frozen in shock. Oh great what did I do this time!