VIIII

Сհα⅊τεʀ Ŋιƞε

Сհα⅊τεʀ Ŋιƞε

🃏

*You*

It was a lousy Friday afternoon, and the apartment was freezing. I had asked Merritt to tell Danny to fix it up since Danny has done everything humanly possible to either ignore me or act like a rude asshole.

I was starting to get annoyed with Danny. He's been acting like I don't even exist since the 'leader' change for blueprints a week ago. It is starting to annoy me greatly.

Jack and I still share a room, but it changed from one bed down to two.

Of course, when I suggested the different beds, Jack was not too thrilled. But to lift his hopes I told him that we would still be sharing a room.

I was lying on the couch, tinkering with some of the materials we needed for our first show while I looked over the map. Everyone had gone out to prepare their shows around town, or to gather more things. I was told specifically by Henley to stay back at the apartment to 'set up.'

I was a little upset when everyone had left to do their parts, and I was stuck at the apartment with nothing to do but lounge around. I went over the plans hundreds of times at this point and fixed everything down to the smallest detail. Such as who would be wearing what. I'm the only one in the 'team' who hasn't gone out to prepare anything.

It was around three o'clock when Jack came back. I watched as he locked the door behind him, trying to hold two to-go bags from my favorite restaurant. I grinned when I smelled (f.f) and hadn't even noticed that he also had two cups juggled in his arms.

"(Y.n)! I brought some food back for you." Jack handed me a bag of food and one of the drinks, which was also a favorite of mine, "The others stayed there to eat but I felt bad leaving you here so I came back to eat with you."

My adoration for him rose. He had the chance to bond with the group, but he came back for me. A small part of me became anxious, the others wanted me to stay home because they had parts of their plans to do, yet they were spending time out to eat. If Danny were in my position he would be arguing with us the minute he found out.

Jack must have noticed my mood shift as he sat next to me, and frowned.

"They're celebrating their successes. I know it isn't fair and I'll side with you," Jack started, "They're asses sometimes."

I chuckled but nodded anyways, watching Jack devour his food.

"I like it this way anyways." Jack blushed and shyly turned away, "Just us."

🃏

It was around eight when the others arrived back. Merrit was arguing with Henley about a taco sauce and Danny was complaining about a headache.

Jack and I were snuggled on the couch, pillows and blankets strewn everywhere. We were in the middle of a movie when they burst in.

"Why're the lights all off? Are you two doing the nasty??" Merritt giggled like a little girl, but still turned on the lights.

I made a face at Merritt, waiting for my eyes to adjust to the bright lights.

"Had fun now did we?" I snapped, fixing my blanket so it lay flat on my lap.

Merritt sighed as Henley approached me, messing my hair up. I sneered playfully as I tried to fix my already messy head of hair.

"Yeah hun, we stopped to eat on the way back and it took longer than intended.." Henley smiled sheepishly, quickly walking into her room.

I just shrugged. It didn't matter anyways, I got to spend some time alone with Jack.

🃏