VIII

Сհα⅊τεʀ Ξιϑհτ

Сհα⅊τεʀ Ξιϑհτ

🃏

*You*

Merritt, Henley, and Danny left to start their hypnotizations on Étienne Forcier while Jack and I were back in the apartment.

I was fixing up my newly created flash bombs while Jack threw cards over at me.

"Stop it, Jack."

"But I'm bored" He whined, throwing another card at me

"One of these times you'll hurt someone."

"No, I won't." He argued, throwing another card at me.

That time it flew at my face, cutting my cheekbone. I glared over at Jack as he looked horrified, dropping his cards and running off to who knows where.

I sighed and felt my cheek with my fingertips. It wasn't even that bad, just a graze and a small amount of blood. A paper cut more than anything.

I was confused when Jack ran back into the living room, holding a rag that looked soaked.

"What are you doing?" I asked, watching the rag drip onto the floor, "You forgot to wring out the rag."

He ignored me and came closer, pushing the rag onto my injury. It was freezing cold water, which made me assume he was in an even bigger rush than I thought. I didn't complain or try to correct him, seeing as he was trying his best to help.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, he focused his attention on holding the rag in place while I worked on making more flash bombs.

"Stop moving around."

I froze, never had I heard him so serious before.

"I think it's better now Jack," I claimed, taking hold of his hand that was holding the rag up and lowering it off my face.

I rolled my sleeve down and wiped my cheek, feeling the slight sting as the air had finally reached the cut.

"I'm really sorry (Y.n)," he started, placing the rag on the table, "I didn't think my cards were that destructive."

I smiled at him, taking the rag off the counter to go wring it out and put it away, "It's fine. Just a papercut, nothing to worry about."

◖──────☛♡☚──────◗

Jack and I stood across from each other, he taught me how to throw cards earlier, and when I mastered it he eventually started practicing catching. I got the hang of it easily but kept throwing them to Jack so he could get the hang of it.

It was close to six when the three came back, all cheering with success.

Jack threw another card to me, but it ended up looping back to him. I rolled my eyes at his tactics.

"Sucess?" I questioned, throwing a card over to Jack.

"Of course it was." Danny said proudly, "My plans never fail."

Jack threw the card back at me, and I threw mine straight to Danny, hitting him on the shoulder. He dramatically held onto his shoulder and whined in pain.

"Alright Danny, it barely skimmed your shoulder." I stated, "Besides, while you guys were playing stalker, Jack and I managed to perfect our tricks for future shows."

"What?" Danny glanced over at Jack, then turned to me glaring, "What did you do?"

I shrugged, "I just improvised your plan a bit, and got rough sketches of future plans made out."

"You did what??" Danny freaked, seething at me.

"Calm down man," Jack started, stepping in front of me to push me behind him, "Besides, she is the one who helped you figure out what to do in the first place. Give her some credit."

I stood on my toes, trying to see Danny and how he was reacting. All I could see was Merritt making silly faces when he caught my eye. I grinned, wrapping my arms around Jacks neck from behind to help me stay on my toes.

"Danny I think (Y.n) should work out the plans, she has good ideas anyways," Henley started, eyeing up Jack and I, "Not all leaders make the plans."

Danny huffed and shoved past us, he didn't say anything against the idea so I assumed I was now the official plan maker.

🃏