Bad news

Carine's pov:

At around one in the afternoon, I got a call from the person I least expected, my father.

My parents got divorced when I was only seven years old and I've been living with mom since.

I took a minute before the call and I got some very shocking news, "Your mother, she- she.. well... died in a car accident. You'll be living with me from now on. I'll meet you at your house and help pack. I know it's hard for you right now" my father said.

I could feel tears welling up in my eyes as I immediately hung up and ran home clutching the necklace aroung my neck.

The necklace was the only piece I have left of my mother.

I was running so fast that I didn't see where I was going and I crashed into someone and the necklace fell on the ground. I looked up and saw one of the most handsome boys I had ever seen.

I realized I was staring and I tried forcing a smile but nothing came out, only tears and more tears, "I-I'm so sorry, I, I didn't see where I was going." I apologized.

He picked up the necklace and handed it to me with a smile "No, it's fine. What happened? Why are you in a rush?" He asked wiping away the tears from my cheeks. "Well uh my mother just died so I have to live with my dad now. I will be excusing myself now" I said and left.

Shuichi/Kurama pov:

That... girl, she was, beautiful. I should've asked for her name.

I continue on with my day but I cannot seem to get this mysterious girl out of my head. A series of questions flow threw me as I think about her. Who was she? I wonder.