In-between

Elizabeth walked into her bedroom, Alexandra's 'escape' on her head. "Why did we fight? Why?" She asked herself. She looked at the ring and felt her heart ache. "A final goodbye." She sunk to the ground as tears sprung to her eyes. She sobbed into her hands.

"Elizabeth?" Swann said. Elizabeth gathered herself and stood up. She wiped her tears away and opened her door just a crack. "This came for you." Swann said and held a letter out. Elizabeth took it and saw Alexandra's handwriting on the front. She shut her door and walked to her bed.

Will stood on the parapet where Alexandra once was, her dress in his hands. "Mister Turner." Someone said. Will looked at the young girl. "A letter for you, sir." The girl said. Will took the letter as the girl skipped away. He looked at the letter, his brows furrowing as he saw Alexandra's handwriting.

Elizabeth pulled the letter open.

Dear Elizabeth

When you read this I'll probably already have left with Jack.

I just want to you to know I'm really happy for you and Will. You both deserve to be happy. Be it with each other.

I'm truly sorry we fought before I ran off the play pirates. Just know, I love you so so much, Elizabeth. I know it seemed like I never wanted to be around you but it's wrong. You're my sister and I'll always want you by my side.

I'll see you again. I know I will. I'll see you then, Lizzie. I love you.

Your Sister
Alexandra

Will sat on the parapet and opened the letter.

Dear William

I hope this never actually gets to you, but that's a highly unlikely outcome. Here's to you getting this.

I'm sorry for leaving so suddenly. I've chosen to go pirating. All of my dreams finally coming true! Well, most of them.

About you and Elizabeth. I'm happy for you both. Really. But there's something I need to tell you. It's been on my mind a lot lately.

"Just spit it out!" Will said.

I love you, William Turner. I always have and I always will. My heart belongs to you and you only. God, I wish I had told you sooner, but I had my doubts. I mean, why would you be in love with the accused 'boy-ish' and 'sapphic' sister? Now, I'm gone and you and Elizabeth are probably engaged.

If you are engaged, then congratulations. I'm happy for you, both of you. Truly. I just wish she were me.

That's all. I'll see you again, Will, I promise. I love you.

Yours Forever
Alexandra Swann

Will pulled a ring out of the envelope. He placed a kiss on it.

Elizabeth pulled her door open to find Will. "What are you doing here?"
"Did you write this?" Will held the letter up. "Alexandra wrote to you, too?" Elizabeth reached for the letter. Will held it away from her. Elizabeth gave him a look. "What did she say to you?" He asked. "That's she's sorry she left without word and that she's happy for us." Elizabeth said, smiling. Will looked at his letter. Elizabeth narrowed her eyes. She grabbed the letter from him. "There's something I need to tell you. It's been on my mind a lot lately. I-" Will grabbed his letter back and stuffed it in his pocket. "Why don't you want me to read it?" Elizabeth asked. "Because it's personal and none of your business." Will said. Elizabeth scoffed. 

Will sighed. "It's the same as yours, Elizabeth. She's... happy for us." He lied. Elizabeth nodded, smiling. Will smiled and placed a kiss on her lips. "Get some rest, Elizabeth." He said and left. He turned the ring in his hand. He furrowed his brows and looked at the door just across the hall.

Will placed a hand on the door knob and went to turn it. Estrella stopped him. Will looked at her, startled at her sudden appearance. "Miss Alexandra said to not allow anyone in. Not even you." She said. "Not even me?" Will asked. Estrella shook her head and left the room. Will looked at the door and furrowed his brows. He left the hall, clutching the letter and the ring.