The Twins

A young girl sat in a tree. A diary opened on her lap. She focused on her writing, placing hearts on her 'i's and curls at the ends of her words. She smiled at the book and shut it. 

"The Diary of Alexandra Swann the Great." it read. Alexandra trailed her finger across the words. 

"Lex!" A girl's voice called. Alexandra's smile fell. "Alexandra! Father said we have to get done packing! And you promised we'd play hide and seek." The other girl said. Alexandra wrapped her legs around the tree branch. "I thought we were playing, Elizabeth." She said as she swung down, hanging in front of the girl. "And you found me. Which means you win, I suppose." She said. Elizabeth chuckled as Alexandra's hair fell from it's ponytail. Alexandra rolled her eyes.

"Why do you wear this?" Elizabeth asked, touching Alexandra's hair. "Because if father knows I cut my hair he'll send me to the gallows." Alexandra said as the walked. Elizabeth sighed. "He wouldn't send you to the gallows, Lex." She said and pulled the wig from Alexandra's head. "Elizabeth!" Alexandra yelled. She ran after her. 

~~

"Lex, did you pack our hairbrush?" 

"Yes." 

"And your toothbrush?"

"Yes." 

"And-" "Yes, I packed everything, God!" Alexandra yelled. She walked passed Elizabeth, shoving a small bag in her hands and walking out their room. "No need to get all fussy." Elizabeth said, running behind her sister. "I just wanted to make sure you had all your things." She said, holding her dress up. She bumped into Alexandra, who whipped around. Elizabeth smiled at her, as she scowled. She turned back around and walked to the ship.

"Girls." Their father, Governor Swann, and James Norrington said. "Father, James." Elizabeth said. Alexandra spared no glance at either of the men and walked onto the ship. 

~~

Alexandra sat in her father's office, rummaging through his drawers. She smiled as she found rings. "Lex!" Alexandra jumped and hit the back of her head on the table. "Ow! Bloody hell, Elizabeth!" She said and placed the rings in her pocket, rubbing her head with her other hand. "Sorry." Elizabeth said, laughing slightly. 

"What do you want?" Alexandra asked, walking away from the desk. "I want to know if you'd like to learn a song?" Elizabeth said, walking behind Alexandra. "A song?" Alexandra scoffed and turned to her sister. "Yeah. Do you want to see it?" Elizabeth asked. Alexandra rolled her eyes and walked on. 

"Are you sure you don't want to learn the song?" Elizabeth asked that night as they got ready for bed. "Why would I want to learn a song?" Alexandra asked, pulling the covers over her. She turned to the wall. "It's a Pirate song." Elizabeth said, smiling as her sister turned to her. Alexandra held her hand out. Elizabeth placed a paper in her hand. Alexandra read through the song and looked at Elizabeth. Elizabeth smiled. 

~~~

Elizabeth and Alexandra stood at the bow rail the next day. Alexandra was hanging over the railing. 

♪ Drink up, me hearties, yo ho

♪ We kidnap and ravage
and don't give a hoot

♪ Drink up, me hearties, yo ho

♪ Yo ho, yo ho

♪ A pirate's life for me

♪ We extort, we pilfer
We filch, we sack

♪ Drink up-

Elizabeth gasped as a hand went on her shoulder. "Quiet, missies!" Mr. Gibbs said. "Cursed pirates sail these waters. You don't want to bring
them down on us." He said. Alexandra turned to him and smirked.