The First End

"Elizabeth." Alexandra said as they arrived home. "For the last time, Lex! I've thought it through! I'm not letting you act as me! I made a promise, I will keep it!" Elizabeth yelled. "You don't love, Norrington, Elizabeth!" Alexandra yelled. Elizabeth sighed and walked up the stairs. Alexandra followed her. 

"Please, Elizabeth. Let me redeem myself. You deserve to know I actually care!" Alexandra yelled, following Elizabeth into her bedroom. She shut the door and turned to her sister. "You don't want to redeem yourself in my eyes, Lex. You want to run away from something that's calling to you. Someone that's calling to you!" Elizabeth yelled. 

"Why would I run from something that calls to me?! I don't run from things, Elizabeth!"

"You run from everything! You ran from me when mother passed! You ran from father when he wanted to talk to you! You ran from your own feelings! You still are! You run from love! From care! You're running from the one person who is actually showing you interest!" 

Alexandra scoffed.

"Don't scoff at me! You know it's true and you're just being stubborn!" 

"There is not a person on this Earth that has ever shown me the slightest bit of interest! It's always you, Elizabeth! You're the girl marrying Norrington! You're the sister everyone adores! You're the girl who's got the man I love in love with her! You've got everything and you think I won't get upset about that?!" 

"You're more daft than I thought, then." Elizabeth said, chuckling. Alexandra scoffed and pulled a chain out of her shirt. She pulled it off of her neck and held it out. Elizabeth took the ring from her. She looked at it then at Alexandra. "I still don't understand why you gave this to me." Alexandra said thickly and walked out the room. She walked into her own room and wiped her fallen tears. 

Alexandra sat in bed, staring at her wall. She looked at her wrist and then the door. She grabbed a dressing gown and pulled it on, slipping her feet into her bed slippers.

She ran down to the cells where Jack sat. The man looked at her and raised a brow. Alexandra smiled at him.

☠☠

Alexandra stood beside her sister. Jack stood on the gallows, wrists bound. An executioner checked the mechanism on the trap door. An Official droned on about Jack's crimes.

"Jack Sparrow..." 

Alexandra stared at Jack, her eyes narrowed. 

"...for your willful commission of crimes against the Crown. Said crimes being numerous in  quantity and sinister in nature. The most egregious of these to be cited herewith: Piracy, smuggling..."

"This is wrong." Elizabeth said. "Commodore Norrington is bound by the law, as are we all." Swann said. Alexandra rolled her eyes. 

"...impersonating an officer of the Spanish Royal Navy, impersonating a cleric of the Church of England, sailing under false colours, arson,  kidnapping, looting, poaching, brigandage, pilfering, depravity, depredation and general lawlessness. For these crimes, you are  sentenced to be hung by the neck until dead. May God have mercy on your soul." 

Alexandra heard a bird cooing and looked through the crowd. She spotted Cotton's parrot and smiled. 

Will walked up to the Swanns and Norrington. "Governor Swann. Commodore. Elizabeth. Alexandra." He greeted. Alexandra avoided eye contact with him. Will looked at Elizabeth. "I should have told you every day from the moment I met you... I love you." He said, glancing at Alexandra. Alexandra looked at him to see him looking at Elizabeth. She sighed as she felt a sinking feeling in her stomach. She finally understood why she felt this way. And God, did she wish she realised sooner. 

The marching band played a drumroll as the executioner placed the noose around Jack's neck. 

"Watch yourself!" A woman yelled as Will pushed through the crowd to the gallows. The twins watched him.