Chapter 8: time to part ways

We walked for a good long while, the sun finally setting as the afternoon's events slowly simmered down in our minds. Strangely enough, things like the fight with Dean and Rottweiler didn't have much of an emotional effect on us anymore. Maybe we had just grown used to that sort of thing, even when it got as violent as today.

However, it did have enough of an effect that it kept us both silent for the walk over, quietly processing the thoughts and this mysterious "Harry Hart" that kept intruding with the insignificant city-boy named Eggsy. But I guess Eggsy was quite unusual, with his brains and skills that he possessed. Maybe there was more to him, and we just couldn't see it. Maybe that's what people like Harry existed for, to find people like him and bring them up to their potential.

The tailor's shop was rather quaint-looking, with big gold letters that read "KINGSMAN" on the shop window. Behind the glass were three incredible-looking suits, just as nice as the one we had seen Mr. Hart in before. I guess I was admiring them for too long, because I was pulled out of my daydream when Eggsy nudged me. "C'mon, Viv, I'm sure there will be tons of suits to gawk at inside." He laughed. I made a face at him, but followed him up the stairs.

We stepped into the shop, and sure enough Eggsy was right. More suits than I had ever seen in my entire life were displayed all around. The shop didn't seem big, but it was stacked high with everything you would need to look like a billionaire. Mr. Hart was seated on a lovely leather couch, holding a glass filled with some sort of strong alcohol in it. He watched patiently as we walked in, clearly expecting us. 

Eggsy had a small smile on his face, like simply being here he instantly felt safer. He could already see that Harry was someone he could trust, he had already proven that. "I never met a tailor before." he said, observing the man on the couch, "But I know you ain't one." The man didn't say a word, simply bringing the cup to his lips as he sipped a small amount of the strong alcohol. He seemed like the person who drank purely for taste, and not necessarily to numb the brain. But then again, I didn't exactly know much about the man to begin with.

Harry finally stood up, placing the glass on a small table next to him. "I'm glad you could make it." He said, looking back and forth from the two of us. "I hope you two are alright." Eggsy and I looked at each other sizing up the damage done to the other.

"We'll live." I concluded after a moment. Harry smiled and nodded at us.

"I should hope so." He said softly. "Vivian, I'm afraid this is where we must leave you, for now." He said, looking at me.

I gave him a confused look, "Whuddya mean?" I asked, glancing briefly at Eggsy, who looked equally as confused.

"Yeah, what the hell're ya talking about?" Eggsy spoke up, taking a small step forwards.

"What I mean," The man started, "Is that you two are very good friends, I can clearly see that. But Eggsy is heading down a different path, one he must face alone."

"How d'ya know? You don't even know us!" Eggsy exclaimed, the volume of his voice rising. Harry sighed lightly, briefly picking up his glass to take another sip of the drink within.

"Vivian, may I please speak to you? Privately? I am afraid I will get nowhere as long as I am outnumbered." I bit my lip, suspicions rising. But I nodded as we retreated to the back of the store. "You care greatly for the boy, yes?" He asked me.

"Uh, yeah, he's my best friend." I answered.

"Then, one can assume you would only want the best for him, correct?"

"Of course!"

"Well, I'm giving Eggsy that opportunity. He has the chance to be something great, not something as simple as a young hooligan in the streets causing petty crime." He said. I must have expressed my sadness of holding him back, because he placed a heavy hand on my shoulder. "I can see that you care deeply for him, and I can assure you that the friendship you two have has kept Eggsy out of far worse trouble than he has gotten into." He explained, "You have cared for the boy when his mother and everyone else was unable to. You have been his guide for a long time, now it is simply my turn to relieve you of your duties."

"But what will you do with him? What will I do when he's gone?"

"You're a bright girl, that I can plainly see. You seem less likely to become influenced by the rather, 'dodgy' characters around here, unlike our friend over there." He said, gesturing to Eggsy. "What I'm saying is, you have the ability to do with your life as you please. Eggsy however, needs a little more guidance. I can give him that." He explained.

It made sense, of course. Someone like him could probably convince you the sky was actually red. But I nodded. "Will I see him again soon?" I asked, looking up at the man hopefully. The look he gave me told me that it would be a while before I saw Eggsy again. I looked sadly at my friend, the one who I could always rely on. Life was going to be very different without him.

I turned to Harry, "Whatever'll be best for him. I'm cool with it." Harry smiled at me.

"Glad to hear it." He said, "He might take a bit of convincing, however." Harry said, referring to Eggsy. I nodded, walking over to him.

"You should go." I said to Eggsy. He scrunched his eyebrows together.

"What? No, I ain't leavin' ya."

"Remember what I told you before? I ain't holdin' ya back any longer. I'll be fine. I got Jamel 'n Ryan." I said with a smile. Eggsy still seemed wary, so I grabbed his hands. "This is where you need to be, Eggsy. We can hold up without ya." Eggsy rubbed my hands with his thumbs, nodding slowly. "But try t' keep in touch if ya can, yeah?" I asked.

Eggsy gave me a small smile. "Yeah," He said, "Yeah, I'll try." I returned the smile before releasing his hands. He slowly walked over to Harry, letting him know that he was ready. I stuck my hands in my pockets, watching as Harry led Eggsy into a dressing room.

Was this really the last time I was going to see him?

——————————————————————————————————————

Comment! Vote!

A/N: Wey Hey! hope you liked the chapter!

I've been very very stressed lately with colleges, going on a tour almost every single day this week, so sorry for the lack of updates!

Anyone else currently looking at colleges? Or anyone currently in college? I'd love to hear how it's going!

XOXO Alex