Home Together

-Vandy-

Vandy was finally enjoying the first bit of quiet since Polly flew into a fit after the King left. She nearly had the kitchen staff riled up to march to go find him and bring him back, then she loudly packed her things and declared she was finally quitting, but ultimately she listened to reason and everything had calmed down.

For almost exactly twenty minutes. 

"Vandy! Oh you won't believe- Vandy!" Polly yelled from the entrance hall.

Vandy had half a mind to ignore her, hoping that maybe she would calm herself down, but she persisted. 

"Vandy!!" She shouted in a half strangled cry.

Vandy stood up from the book he had been reading with a sigh. It was a good thing the blood moon was almost over. It always created a certain kind of chaos that interrupted his daily routine. 

"Polly, if your bags are packed I'll just let you leave this time." Vandy said cooly as he rounded the corner, but he Polly wasn't packed and waiting. Polly was crouching down below the window near the doors barely peaking her head over the ledge.

Vandy dropped down suddenly. If the wolfmen were there, they were sitting ducks. 

"What is it Polly?" Vandy asked, his heart rate had spiked. He was planning escape routes in his mind as he crawled towards Polly.

"You have to look for yourself!" She whispered. 

Vandy crawled from the hallway over to the window and Polly moved over to allow him to look over the ledge. The Beast was standing on the front steps of the castle with Belle in a conversation. Vandy's heart began to calm down and Vandy pulled himself off the floor, disappointed in himself for falling for Polly's hysterics.

"What are you doing?! Get down, they'll see you!" Polly whispered urgently.

"What are you doing?! You scared me to death! I thought we were being attacked!" 

"She's back Vandy! I knew she'd come back!" Polly said, smiling and still trying to catch glimpses of them discreetly from the window. 

"Try not to be sitting there when they finally do make it inside!" Vandy said, turning to get started on all the extra work that would need to be done now that Miss Belle had come back.

He heard Polly rush after him after he turned around and left.

"Don't pretend you aren't happy! I can see right through you Vanderwall, I think you're more happy about this than anyone. You're a hopeless romantic at heart, especially when it comes to that boy." Vandy looked away from her trying to hide a secretive smile. She was right of course, but he'd never admit it. 

"She's back. That doesn't mean a whole lot. We're still in trouble from the wolfmen and we have no way of knowing if her people are still coming for her. We're not out of the woods yet."

"All the better reason to enjoy every moment we have now." She said, her voice trailing off suspiciously.

"What are you planning Polly?" 

"Nothing you would disapprove of! Just a little celebration to celebrate the end of the blood moon, and maybe Miss Belle's return?" Polly had a mischievous glint in her eye that Vandy didn't like, but he just let out a long sigh.

"Be my guest."

-Belle-

"We have a problem." Adam whispered as they finally made it up the stairs and through the grand doors. Her arm was intertwined through his and he held her hand to his chest.