~thinking about him~ chapter two

Nikolas' POV

"Buongiorno, mi amore." I wake up slowly to the feeling of my husbands' strong arms wrapped securely around my torso. I chuckle to myself when I hear his husky morning voice. His accent is always thicker in the morning and if he's really tired he'll slip back into Italian. I don't mind though, I love hearing his voice in any form and hearing his accent so thick reminds me of the early days of our relationship. (Good morning, my love.)

I met Davide when he first moved to America from Italy. I was only 19, going to college to get my teaching degree when he moved to my city. His family owned Romano Industries, a marketing company that was responsible for making some of the worlds major businesses. Davide was sent to America by his father to oversee the American divisions. Davide only spoke a little bit of English at the time which is why I learned a bit of Italian as he adjusted to the language.

He was only 23 when he first arrived and he was having trouble keeping up with the work load so he put out a job opening for a personal assistant.

I was struggling to pay my bills at the time because school was expensive and my parents didn't necessarily agree with some of my life choices so their help wasn't really an option. I applied for the position and the rest was history.

I helped Davide develop the company while finishing my degree. Once I graduated, I took my current teaching position at a high school in a small town near the city and I resigned from being his assistant. That was when we started dating.

Davide claims we didn't start dating  when we first met for professionalism reasons but I think he was just too scared to ask me out. Apparently he thought I would reject him, I'm not sure why, though. He's absolutely gorgeous and he's showed me more love and devotion than anyone else in my life ever has. I could never say no to him.

When we got married a few years later he took my last name, Brooks, because I had already committed to everyone addressing me that way at work and Davide agreed it would be a good way for him to separate business life from home life.

It's always been important for him to have time with just us so he doesn't get too preoccupied with his work. He only works the hours that I work and he has other employees to help with excess assignments. That's just one of the many reasons why I love him.

Another being how wonderful his large, warm body is for cuddling. Sighing softly, I push my contrasting small body against his chest in a weak attempt to soak up our last few moments of peace before the day begins.

"Morning, baby." I reply after a few moments, stretching my neck to place a delicate kiss on Davide's stubble covered jaw. I basked in his warmth for a little while longer before peeling my eyes open, blinking rapidly to ward out the fuzziness from the night before.

"Mmmm, gotta get up." I mumbled the words out quietly as I slipped out from underneath Davide's hold, quickly rising to my feet and grabbing one of my loves large sweatshirts to throw over myself. "I'll go make breakfast, you shower. We have to leave in an hour." I told him softly after noticing the time on our alarm clock; 5:30 a.m.

"Stay a few more minutes, tesoro." He asked seductively as I straddled his waist and placed a lingering kiss to kiss to his lips. (Darling.)

"I wish I could but we both have work soon." I told him as I pulled away, grabbing the comforter and pulling it off of his body as well.