Dog Day Afternoon

I know its been awhile since I posted a chapter, but you know life and how it gets in the way.  That being said I have not abandoned this story and am determined to finish it.  I still have a lot more planned.  This chapter slightly advances the plot but is mostly filler with some Kiba fluff, a little Kakashi angst, and some Kuma/Obito brother sister moments.  We also get to see a little more of Kumaraki's personality outside of how she acts around Shika or the girls.  I hope you enjoy!!

***

I woke up the next morning to sounds of Obito and Kakashi bickering. I groaned as I checked the time on my phone. 9:47 a.m. 'Not as good as I usually do on a Sunday.' Normally on a weekend morning I rolled out of bed and started my day around 10:30, but thanks to those two I guess I was starting my Sunday early. I pulled my phone off the nightstand and opened it.

Obito:

Kakashi and I are on out way. Did you co0k

diner?

Cn you opn the fron do0r? I cn't find my key

KUMA!!!!!! oPn the duckin door!!!

Ino:

How did the interview go? More importantly

what are you wearing on your date today?

Pineapple Head:

I got the new Shinobi Striker yesterday if

you wanna come over and check it out.

Kiba:

Morning gorgeous! I thought we'd get together

around noon if that's ok with you.

I snickered at Obito's drunk texts and rolled my eyes at Ino. She had a one-track mind and wasted no time. I texted her back and told her that I would send her a picture when I got ready. I told Shikamaru that I had plans today but maybe one day this week after school I would come over. I paused in thought before texting Kiba. Noon would give me plenty of time to get ready, it's not like I was going to get super dressed up. I wasn't expecting him to show up in a suit and tie.

Me:

Noon sounds good. Where do you

want to meet up?                                    

Kiba:

You want to meet up at my house

first? I'll text you the address.

I quirked my eyebrow. Normally I wouldn't meet up with a guy at his house on a 'first date', but Kiba was in my friend circle. I had been over at his house before for parties, so I was familiar with the neighborhood and the inside of the house itself, and I had my own reasons for wanting to go to his house again. My phone dinged again with Kiba's text containing his address even though I didn't need it. I replied and told him that I would see him there at noon.

I pulled my hair into a big sloppy bun on top of my head and slipped my phone into the pocket of my shorts. I grabbed my vape and took a big puff before heading out to the living room to see what the two idiots were yelling about.